People who shouldn't buy from the reduced section.

I have been shopping and when walking past the reduced section there were 4 coppers who were on duty, they were buying all the reduced items.

I gave them what for and shook my head at them, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. They get a decent salary, they should not be shopping from the reduced section. The reduced section should be for poorer members of society. Pensioners shouldn't be shopping there either as they are no longer poor.

The reduced section should be for the unemployed and low wage workers.

People on decent salaries, or generous means tested benefits (pensioners and the disabled), should not be shopping in the reduced section. By shopping in the reduced section they make life much more harder for the genuine poor.

What do you think?

Should comfortably off & wealthy people buy up all the cheap food, or should they pay full price and leave the reduced section goods for the people who are struggling?

C'mon chem..you're not seriously suggesting means testing shopping are you?

The Watt Tyler stuff was more realistic. :)

I have been shopping and when walking past the reduced section there were 4 coppers who were on duty, they were buying all the reduced items.

I gave them what for and shook my head at them, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. They get a decent salary, they should not be shopping from the reduced section. The reduced section should be for poorer members of society. Pensioners shouldn't be shopping there either as they are no longer poor.

People on decent salaries, or generous means tested benefits (pensioners and the disabled), should not be shopping in the reduced section. By shopping in the reduced section they make life much more harder for the genuine poor.

What do you think?

Should comfortably off & wealthy people buy up all the cheap food, or should they pay full price and leave the reduced section goods for the people who are struggling?

Did they tell you to mind your own business?

Im alright jack,stuff anybody else attitude then do you.Hope it all rots in ya fridge then:hihi:

What a delightful human being you are.

My OH regularly visits the supermarket at the times when they mark down food - he has been unemployed for several years and our family would have starved if he hadn't done this over the past few months particuarly.

I doubt that you have ever been in a position where you wonder where the next meal is coming from judging by your arrogant and selfish attitude.

None of the food my OH buys 'rots in my fridge' but thank you so much for your kind words.

What do you think?

You gave them what for? Really?

What was their reply?

I know what mine would have been.

Why dont you stick to your addled theories vis a vis allotments and housing.

What do you think?

For someone who is so into equality and fairness that you keep banging on about where has this load of tripe come from. Equality works both ways you know.

As others have said. A perceived salary means naff all. Someone may have a massive student loan to pay off, family to care for, be the sole earner, live on their own, have a debts to resolve or simply may choose to live economically despite their income. Nowhere does it say that just because you have money, you must spend it.

What the hell has it got to do with you anyway. People can shop where they like and buy what they like. If Nesbit’s can blow their JSA payments wandering around Selfridges and Harrods buying the cheapest item just to show off and get a bag... then millionaires can just as freely choose to buy up the bargains in Primark and Aldi.

If up there on Button Moon you really do believe that reduced sections should only be available to those with no money - what a perfect way to drag society back to its segregated class ghettoes we had in history.

Why dont we get all the poor people and shove them in a sealed building eh. That way us evil rich people wouldn't get access to their shops, services and products.

How about having to show you bank statement as proof before entering the bargain basement eh?

Finally, what makes you think that there are hundreds of low income and no income persons desperately failing in their attempts to grab the bargains. Due to the nature of my work and travel I shop at various points throughout the day and night at various stores - I never see a stampede around the Reduced section and hundreds of desperately hungry people walking away crying when its empty.

Never heard such rubbish.

What a delightful human being you are.

My OH regularly visits the supermarket at the times when they mark down food - he has been unemployed for several years and our family would have starved if he hadn't done this over the past few months particuarly.

I doubt that you have ever been in a position where you wonder where the next meal is coming from judging by your arrogant and selfish attitude.

None of the food my OH buys 'rots in my fridge' but thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes i am,i wouldnt be so greedy to take basket fulls for myself,like you obviously would.And were you get arrogant and selfish from is really baffling.

What absolute nonsense ... why do I have have a feeling this thread is going to end up down the lack of social housing route?

Yes i am,i wouldnt be so greedy to take basket fulls for myself,like you obviously would.And were you get arrogant and selfish from is really baffling.

Yes, I guess you find a lot of things baffling.:rolleyes:

Need not greed - work it out love.

Archived