People who shouldn't buy from the reduced section.

chem1st

You have no idea why the policemen were buying reduced items. If you'd just bothered to enquire you might have found out that they had a good reason.

I happen to know, as you evidently don't that some police folk take a benevolent interest in some of the people they come across. Like, for instance, the young mum with several kids whose partner has just died. The policeman dealing with the case continues to visit that young mum, and helps her out of his own pocket.

So get down off your high horse and stop and think, why don't you?

I have been shopping and when walking past the reduced section there were 4 coppers who were on duty, they were buying all the reduced items.

I gave them what for and shook my head at them, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. They get a decent salary, they should not be shopping from the reduced section. The reduced section should be for poorer members of society. Pensioners shouldn't be shopping there either as they are no longer poor.

The reduced section should be for the unemployed and low wage workers.

People on decent salaries, or generous means tested benefits (pensioners and the disabled), should not be shopping in the reduced section. By shopping in the reduced section they make life much more harder for the genuine poor.

What do you think?

Should comfortably off & wealthy people buy up all the cheap food, or should they pay full price and leave the reduced section goods for the people who are struggling?

I remember reading a quote about the same, or similar, "Let them die and decrease the surplus population" or words to that effect.

Sounds harsh, but has it ever happened.

Angel.

With Asda smart price, and Asda own branded goods, and other supermarkets doing the same, there really isn`t a need to congregate around the reduced shelf!

What people need to do is learn how to budget, work out what money is coming in, what bills need paying, IE the rent,gas, electricity, then see whats left for the other essentials.

If, after all that there is a little left for a treat, it`s a bonus!

I'm currently out of work, and a single parent with no family for back up, so it`s all on me. If I can budget, and live within my means (as crap as they are) then so can everyone else.

I wish people would stop making excuses for themselves and others, if you can`t afford rump steak, don`t buy it, if you can`t afford TV, don`t watch it.......

If you have to choose between 20 B&H and nappies for your child...then you obviously have the wrong priorities!

Yes it IS hard for people at the moment, I would dearly love to be back in work, because I know I, and my son, would be better off if I was earning again

But to start a thread berating the police for buying stuff of the reduced shelf???? Really????

With Asda smart price, and Asda own branded goods, and other supermarkets doing the same, there really isn`t a need to congregate around the reduced shelf!

What people need to do is learn how to budget, work out what money is coming in, what bills need paying, IE the rent,gas, electricity, then see whats left for the other essentials.

If, after all that there is a little left for a treat, it`s a bonus!

I'm currently out of work, and a single parent with no family for back up, so it`s all on me. If I can budget, and live within my means (as crap as they are) then so can everyone else.

I wish people would stop making excuses for themselves and others, if you can`t afford rump steak, don`t buy it, if you can`t afford TV, don`t watch it.......

If you have to choose between 20 B&H and nappies for your child...then you obviously have the wrong priorities!

Yes it IS hard for people at the moment, I would dearly love to be back in work, because I know I, and my son, would be better off if I was earning again

But to start a thread berating the police for buying stuff of the reduced shelf???? Really????

We need a like button. Well said and hope you find work soon mate and with that attitude it should be a no brainer for employers to take you on.

I often see a large groups of people congregating, and the groups are getting bigger all the time.

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 22:43 ----------

You don't need to means test it, but people who are well off enough to pay full price, should do and should feel morally obliged to. They shouldn't deprive the poorest of a source of affordable food.

Coppers buying food from the reduced section, are no better than armed rebels who steal bags of rice sent by charities to areas suffering from famine.

So, looking at a coppers starting wage of £21,000 and someone on benefits of £25,000 ( have they been capped yet?) who would you say has the moral obligation?

You really don't think things through, do you?

chem1st

You have no idea why the policemen were buying reduced items. If you'd just bothered to enquire you might have found out that they had a good reason.

I happen to know, as you evidently don't that some police folk take a benevolent interest in some of the people they come across. Like, for instance, the young mum with several kids whose partner has just died. The policeman dealing with the case continues to visit that young mum, and helps her out of his own pocket.

So get down off your high horse and stop and think, why don't you?

It's never going to happen. The man's a fool.

Archived