Queen at Royal Ascot Races

You exaggerate. We could do a lot worse then Charles. The worse case scenario would be an ambitious power seeking arrogant jumped up nothing in the role of President, failing miserably to perform what are known as the "Queens "Royal duties" to the same excellent high standards.

William would never weaken the strength of the monarchy.

He believes that homeopathy works !!

Need I say more ?

I totally agree with C Sleeps on this one when he says

"I will never in my life understand Royalism. I really won't. It is the most anachronistic set of thought outside religion. I find it madness beyond words."

I totally agree with C Sleeps on this one when he says

"I will never in my life understand Royalism. I really won't. It is the most anachronistic set of thought outside religion. I find it madness beyond words."

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll try not to hold it against you.:sad:

Chris Sleeps. Agree with every word of that post. I have yet to meet a Royalist that can provide a logical argument for retaining the Monarchy other than some variation of 'Well that's what we've always had', & 'Doesn't it look wonderful when they parade up the Mall'.

One good reason for keeping the Royal Family is that the majority of the public want them, worts and all. Another good reason is that tens of thousands are in-directly dependant on them for employment.

Chris Sleeps. Agree with every word of that post. I have yet to meet a Royalist that can provide a logical argument for retaining the Monarchy other than some variation of 'Well that's what we've always had', & 'Doesn't it look wonderful when they parade up the Mall'.

Or perhaps you've never met one who could be bothered?

One good reason for keeping the Royal Family is that the majority of the public want them, worts and all. Another good reason is that tens of thousands are in-directly dependant on them for employment.

The majority of the public want to bring back hanging, despite the fact that the only two countries ever to do so having once abolished it, were Nazi Germany & Apartheid South Africa.

If the Monarchy were abolished more jobs would be created. The Palaces & Stately homes would be retained, become tourist attractions & require additional staff to cater for the increase in visitors. Meanwhile all the gardeners etc would need to be employed to carry on as normal, without having some bloke interrupt their work when he needed an urgent private conversation with a rose bush.

Question for all you Royalists. Which of these statements do you agree with.

1, 'We hold these truths to be self evident, all men are created equal.'

2, 'Born to reign over us.'

Which is it?

---------- Post added 24-06-2013 at 11:10 ----------

Or perhaps you've never met one who could be bothered?

Or perhaps never met one bright enough? :)

Archived