Green welli brigade slaughtering wildlife.

Wasn't this story done to death on the forum about a month ago?

It's an offence to take eggs from a birds' nest.

Presumably, if eggs are being taken from nests, then somebody authorised it - and that somebody would probably know what he/she was doing.

(I would be rather surprised if the RSPB didn't have an input.)

What natural predators do buzzards have in the UK? - If they've got none, how are they controlled?

Are you referring to this story?

Thats the one.

An estate manager told me three years ago that poison was put down for foxes ..

When I asked what would happen if raptors or domestic animals eat this stuff he said he could not care less.

The large estates and land owners are a law unto themselves as was proved about four years ago when a member of the Royal family shot a protected Eagle or Buzzard etc.

He should have been prosecuted but as usual one law for some and one law for others.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 15:40 ----------

It's a contentious issue but it isn't all Buzzard nests that are being destroyed, it's those that are within the grounds of said gentry as I understand it.

That is where most of the Buzzards nest as the said gentry are the ones that have!!!!! the majority of the land in England.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 15:43 ----------

It is their land,so can do whatever they want.It is the menial dogs that pick them up.

I have seen a pile of pheasants left to rot in the middle of a field the day after the sporting event!.

By the way does doing whatever they want include shooting protected wildlife?.

Thats the one.

When I asked what would happen if raptors or domestic animals eat this stuff he said he could not care less.

The large estates and land owners are a law unto themselves as was proved about four years ago when a member of the Royal family shot a protected Eagle or Buzzard etc.

He should have been prosecuted but as usual one law for some and one law for others.

That is where most of the Buzzards nest as the said gentry are the ones that have!!!!! the majority of the land in England.

I have seen a pile of pheasants left to rot in the middle of a field the day after the sporting event!.

Why didn't you take em down Castle Market? Or are Pheasants too posh?

As I understand it, raptors have full protection under the law.

Presumably, if eggs are being taken from nests, then somebody authorised it - and that somebody would probably know what he/she was doing.

The government secretly authorised the destruction of nests and eggs. It is the RSPB who exposed what the government was doing.

What natural predators do buzzards have in the UK? - If they've got none, how are they controlled?

As I understand it, there are only around 40,000 buzzards - and little to no evidence that buzzards are devastating the 35 million pheasant that are bred each year for sport.

Thats the one.

Maybe the protected wildlife can find somewhere else to live.

Not natural predators but it looks as though the land owners and their lacky's are doing the job any way.

Larger birds of prey and if they're unlucky enough to get caught on the ground, foxes nab a few.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 20:07 ----------

[quote=cuttsie;9871922

But not all of them have a pheasant shoot do they?

Larger birds of prey and if they're unlucky enough to get caught on the ground, foxes nab a few.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 20:07 ----------

But not all of them have a pheasant shoot do they?

I don't know Welbeck ,Chatsworth,Duchy of Cornwell, Balmoral [The Middletons shoot there].

Really there is not much land left when that lots divvyed it all up is there.

I don't know Welbeck ,Chatsworth,Duchy of Cornwell, Balmoral [The Middletons shoot there].

Really there is not much land left when that lots divvyed it all up is there.

Probably not no but there must be some that go against the grain and see things differently.

Archived