Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

Well, we got we wanted this afternoon - the double over the Wendy. Thanks to a nicely placed little flutter, I have just had a wonderful meal out, paid for courtesy of Mr Sturrock and his underachieving also rans.

Just couldn't bring myself to order the pork - apparently, it's been off since 3 pm today.

Come on you red and white wizards!

i fell for the old

"sturrock is not gonna be at the game today" trick today

"why not"?

"he has got a bad side" ha ha ha

anyways..... should have been more than 2, but who is gonna complain? 3 points and promotion assured yesterday. the penalty was a penalty but i thought a harsh decision. but who cares?

AND NOW YOUR GONNA BELIEVE US..... THE BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADES ARE GOING UP

yeah..... well id heard rumour about james collins coming to the lane, at 11 i got a message from my mate saying "what do you think to the collins transfer" (i was at work at time and i think james collins is a great transfer) so i jumped up and goes "COME ONNNNNNN, JAMIE COLLINS COME ON" desparately searched BBC website, and sky, NOTHING ON THERE, goes to sufc website (usually last place to tell about transfers lol) and it said neil collins i was a bit gutted, but he had a good debut, and if he only plays that one game, i will still be thankful for his contribution to what us blades know is a very worthy cause.

Same here Barnie41,I would have thought the steel city derby would have been a bigger game than Millwall & Palace,but the goals for Utd were outstanding & the Collins lad played really well seeing he only met his team mates a few hours earlier.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Kenny 7/10 - Actually had very little to do from start to finish. Dealt with most things well although an errant punch at the end could have led to a goal.

Kozluk 8/10 - Excellent. Numerous blocks, tackles and a big goal-line clearance at the end. Played very well today and showed no little skill in a committed performance.

Armstrong 7/10 - Did well defensively. His distribution was up and down but he has come in and done quite well. Unsworth won't be an automatic returnee.

Collins 7/10 - Did okay to say it was his first start. He looked comfortable enough against a poor side. He will be tested more severely in the weeks to come but he came through his first test.

Morgan 8/10 - Determined performance. He won most things in the air and, like Kozluk, got in a lot of blocks and clearances. An old fashioned defensive display but led by example. Considering he was a major doubt that makes his performance even more impressive.

Jagielka 7/10 - Still needs to do more but broke up enough of the play and made enough tackles and breaks forward. An improved performance from the other night. Solid if not spectacular.

Tonge 8/10 - Excellent again. Great goal and some really astute passes. Rarely wasted the ball and was technically very good. Probably the most gifted player on the pitch in terms of what he did when on the ball.

Montgomery 7/10 - Like Jagielka, he won tackles, and helped control a lot of loose balls. He was not outstanding but covered a lot of ground as he always does. Generally, maximum effort in a game like today is enough when everyone's distribution was generally poor.

Ifill 7/10 - An up and down performance. Sometimes showed an excellent touch and looked dangerous.

Dyer 7.5/10 - Like the other night, his touch and hold-up play was excellent. He also linked play very well but his miss in the second half was a bad moment which could have sealed the victory long before it was ensured. Worked well with Akinbiyi.

Akinbiyi 7.5/10 - Harried and worried the Wednesday defenders. He held the ball up well and also looked a genuine threat. Could have had a few goals with far easier chances than the corker he smashed in. He did cause a hell a lot of problems for Coughlan and Bullen and was actually physically too strong for Coughlan on a couple of occasions.

Substitutes

Horsfield, Geary and Flitcroft - All came on at varying stages in the last 10 minutes as United sought to close out the game.

tosh13 - are you deadbat off bladesunited or you just 'borrowing' his ratings? :)

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I would give them all 10/10 :D

6 possible points off our hated rivals and premiership football next season :hihi:

It doesnt get any better than this does it ?

Regards CB

UP THE BLADES

Archived