Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

woah woah woah, lets be straight, yes we was lucky only to concede 3...... BUT this was before we let paul awful (sorry ifill) take the penalty.

when we was 2-1 up and got the pen, we was easy on top of the game and crusing it.

as for the people questioning the partnership of ade and geoff...... well you was all hailing geoff as the saviour when he joined us last week (i on the other hand thought different, he is not the answer, he just creates more problems ie 3 strikers on the bench yesterday, and thats with not having dyer and deane in the squad) horsefield did **** all yesterday (and thats giving him credit) where as ade on the other hand ran all over the defence continually running for the ball. was disappointed to see him coming off (something i never thought id say)

we just went to pot after the penalty miss, still unknown to me as to why awful took, as warnock says he is a confidence player.... well im sure that has done him the world of good, cause once he missed that the crowd was on his back..... and he continually annoys me with trying to do too much with the ball. he loses the ball about 3 times out of 5..... he can be good yes but absolutely shocking.

MOTM for yesterday, either armstrong or akinbadbuy

armstrong was putting in some right crosses and free kicks yesterday, unsworth came on and with his first kick (told armstrong he was taking free kick) straight in to a one man wall...... what is all that about?

I have just seen the goals on TV & we have the strikers to get us into the Premiere League but the not the defence.All 3 goals were a farce,we struggle against the long ball teams,at least Crewe play football so we should be ok.But as for Horsfield I am glad we signed him but we should have played him in the team gradually,as I said some players can score straight away when in a new team & other's take a few games,but I cannot understand why Dyer wasn't even in the squad??.Warnock said on TV that the doom & gloom merchants will be at it,as Utd supporters don't we have the the same right's to an opinion as the Manager.Is Gillespie still injured.L***s got away with a blatant penatly decision,but Watford & them seem to be getting all the lucky breaks at the moment.UP THE BLADES

I also read that Warnock's had it with Quinny after his latest brawl and he's going to sack him :?

I'd be gobsmacked if he does as i understand that Quinny has been a plus for you thsi season.

And what is with Utdites?? Listening to the radio, Utdites were all doom and gloom, whilst fans (owls) who have a reason to be doom and gloom were trying to make the best out of what we have (which is little!!).

You've won the derby twice, you're second, you've won games you didn't deserve to and you'll go up. Get behind your team and get shut of Warnock next year :thumbsup:

Neil Warnock is encouraging United fans to "shop" their heroes if they see them flouting the ban.

It follows a disturbance in a public house the day after United won the Sheffield derby the previous weekend in the wake of which United's former Wednesday midfielder Alan Quinn was arrested.

Warnock said that Quinn, who is currently out of the side through injury, will be cleared of any wrongdoing and therefore escape disciplinary action. But he is so determined that nothing will undermine United's Premiership ambitions Warnock will not allow his players into a pub even for a soft drink.

I know people can go out for a drink anywhere they wish,but for Quinn to go down to Hillsborough the week after the derby is really stupid.I just hope all them who are drinking stop & think,do they want to play in the top league or the Championship next season,come on Utd & let's do the business.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

I think there was 2 defining moments in Saturdays game, obviously the penalty miss and also the substitution of Monty, in my mind it's about time Jags stopped being untouchable no matter what his performances are like.

As far as Ifill is concerned, I try to be positive about him but it is getting harder and harder to justify his selection.

Oh my God! I thought at half time we were going to dominate them second half but what happened!?

All this time I have been trying hard to ease off Ifill and wait to see what he can do but now I have had enough. he was Awful, in fact he was QPR's best player!

people will be wondering why Warnock did not sub him I can tell you why. This comes from the coast (Mick Jones) who my mate lives next door too. He says warnock kept him on purley to **** the crowd off. He was obviously getting boos so Warnock kept him on.

I just can't understand how he is getting a start every game. And Akinbiyi, I have been keeping quiet hoping he is going to be awsome but I can't see it. He scored but apart from that he looks *****. Apart form the Wednesday game I haven't seen him have a good game!

We are really going to struggle unless warnock makes some changes eg. Akinbiyi and Awful!

Who does anyone think is the best radio commentator? I'd go for Paul Walker on Radio Sheffield (with Keith Edwards). For me, Radio Sheffield's commentary team are 1000 times better than the national radio commentaries. Passionate and excitable!

I'd much rather listen to Paul, Seth Bennett and Luke Wileman at the World Cup in Germany this summer rather than the boring Radio Five Live regulars.

I would like to point out that I have absolutely no connection to any of the men, or to Radio Sheffield.

If anyone else thinks that Seth, Paul or Luke would make good World Cup commentators then send an e-mail to charles.runcie@bbc.co.uk. I’m sure all concerned would be appreciative.

Mark- how can you say ade is ****e?? He was one of a very few selection of players who didn't have a bad game on saturday (the only others being kozzy, armstrong and tongy)

He scored yes but I am also comparing him with 1.75mil worth of money. i just don't think he is a patch on lets say....Webber when he plays a full game.

I want him to be ace but up to now he just aint proving anything for me.

He is still learning how we play to be honest and at the minute we just arn't giving him anything like the decent service that he deserves- akinbye is not a target man- yet yesterday we kept on lumping the ball upto him and when we do that he just won't play as well as he can- i think with webber coming back into the team he will start playing off him alot more!!

Give it a couple of games- he has loads of goals in him and next year i think he will get a bagful cos the premiership is played at a slower pace than the championship!

Archived