Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

NEIL TO GET 'JOB FOR LIFE'

NEIL WARNOCK is to be offered a job for life at Sheffield United - even if the Blades miss out on promotion to the Premiership.

The club's PLC chairman Kevin McCabe will offer the 57-year-old a new managerial contract and a top job at the club when he retires.

McCabe said: "When the time comes that Neil retires we have to find a way to use his success and experience."

Not looking likely at the moment, Warnock is expected to play Akinbiyi and Horsefield up front tonight, but I dont think its gonna be all that bad, In fact I reckon tonight will see Horsefields first goal for The Mighty Blades!

Matt

I think Ade and Shipps, with Webber behind them would be interesting to see. I know it was Horsefield's first start last week, but I didn't think he did much.

More interesting to see what "defense" we play tonight though, as it is the back that is collapsing, not the front.

Anyone know if Webber is likely to start tonight?

Him and Akinbiyi up front would be just swell.

Being in Canada I only get to see the Blades every couple of years unless they show it on telly at the pub.

Noticed they were showing it at the pub so got off work early and went to cheer on the Blades and have a bevvy.

Few Blades in the pub and a nice atmosphere but could tell right away we would struggle to play football on a snow covered pitch.

Webber --- Didnt pass the ball once I had heard he was a ball hog but it was :gag: To be honest he has pace but hes got to learn to pass ,

And how did the Ref not call a penalty when the Crewe player was riding all over Adi's back :loopy:

If we go up and its a big IF we would need a whole new side because we would get battered in the Premiership :help:

Still been a brilliant season what with the DOUBLE over the pigs and not going to get down on the Blades but NW has to keep a settled side without too many changes and we will go up.

Regards CB

UTB

FTO

to be fair, i dont think we played badly, the snow was always going to make it hard to create clear cut chances, as proved to be the case.

nobody can say we dint deserve to win, we was the better team and had numerous chances to put the game to bed, but we didn't.

a few questionable things from warnock stands at, where was unsworth and shipperley? surely these should be getting picked for at least the bench. it annoys me that HMS has had an amazing season with us, and then as soon as we sign a few strikers, he doesnt get a sniff

i also couldn't understand taking quinny off, and also gillespie, ifill didnt do anything again, and kabba was being as lazy as ever. strange substitutions yet again. if he wanted to go 4-3-3 why not bring horsefield on?

ah well, a point is a point

Quinny appeared to be injured, so thats probably why he was taken off. I disagree about Ifill, I think he played really well. Jags doesn't seem to be doing anything in the last few games, maybe he needs a rest.

I think we should rest Ade to the bench for the next game and start with Webber and Shipps. Ade does a lot of running about, but when the ball is actually in the penalty area Shipps is much better at putting it in the net.

We're still 8 points clear, so it's not too bad. I must admit to being more than a little worried about Leeds' two games in hand though, and the fact that we've only taken 1 point from two games we really should have won.

Still, must keep the faith....

Archived