Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

Although Unsworth played well at the start of the season, like a few other players he seemed to go downhill. I'm not sure that he is any better than Armstrong, and I don't think he should have any complaints at being left out for a while. He is at least partly to blame for our reason bad run, for acting so stupidly and getting sent off and missing 3 games when we were already struggling with injured defenders. Even if he did make it back into the 1st team, he would miss 2 games when he picks up his next yellow card as he will be on 10 yellows.

im not sayng his form didnt dip at all, my complaint is, jags was playing left back, so if warnock wanted armstrong in midfield then surely he has to play unsowrth

Yorkshire Post:

VETERAN defender David Unsworth has been told that he still has a future at Sheffield United.

The former England international left-back has been out in the cold since a moment of madness against Watford seven games ago.

Unsworth picked up a three-game ban for elbowing Watford winger Chris Eagles and has subsequently been kept out of the side by Chris Armstrong.

His absence from the travelling party for Saturday's defeat at Coventry City sparked rumours of a behind-the-scenes bust-up – especially as manager Neil Warnock resorted to employing his best midfield player, Phil Jagielka, at left-back rather than Unsworth, who was not injured.

Warnock last night defended his team selection and confirmed that Unsworth would be back in the squad for this weekend's game at Norwich City.

"There has been no bust-up and there are no bad eggs in my dressing room," he said. "David understands the situation and still figures in my plans.

Interview with Neil Warnock regarding Unsworth Argument speculation:-

This i taken from the Radio Sheffield Football chat show!

"So Neil, If I can just ask you about the rumours flying around regarding You and David Unsworth".

Warnock, "Everything has just been blown out of proportion by the press, and I think there is a little game of chinese wispers going on amongst the fans, but I can honestly say that nothings happened like everyones saying".

"Some fans are worried having heard Unsworth could have played his last game at the lane?"

Warnock, (laughs) "What a load of cods-wallop, David will not be leaving us, and he's gonna be a very important player between now and the end of the campaign".

"So.... Some other rumours suggest a fall out between Ifill and Unsworth, Is there any truth in this Neil".

Warnock, (laughs again) "Well has you'd expect, it's understandable that some of the lads are getting frustrated as most of the lads are really trying at the moment, but the luck just is'nt going our way, and tempers do get frayed!"......................"As for the Argument, I don't no of any serious problems that we've got amongst the camp, but I hope that the anger amongst the players can be used for the final push between now and the end of the season, but no......Theres been no fall out between the lads".......

So Warnock is being tight lipped, allthough sources do state that the arguments happened between Unsworth and Ifill, and it was to do with work rate on the pitch??????

But What do you make of it?

Matt

Matt like Warnock say's there is a load of rumours going around & rumours get blown out of all proportion,if he say's the lads are angry at the way they have been playing I can understand that,but Unsworth said when he got sent off that he apologised to all the fans & his fellow players for being stupid,at the end of the day we have a great squad & I think if we play like we did in the 2nd half against Coventry in all our remaing matches the goals & wins will come.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Talking about rumours an aqaintence of ours who knows one of the coaching staff told me about Warnock having a bust up McCall on saturday, about the tactics at half time & Warnock told him that he was the boss & McCall was the assistant.And the coaching guy has said that if we lose on Saturday against Norwich Warnock will be sacked & McCall will remain in charge.Now I do not know for certain wether this is true but he also said that Warnock has lost the plot & refuses to blame himself & there was a bust up with Unsworth.

Blades get go ahead for Bramall Lane hotel

Sheffield City Council has granted planning permission to Sheffield United for its planned four-star hotel at Bramall Lane.

The 146-room, eight-storey property will include a restaurant, executive suites and a gym.

Bloke on Radio Sheffield 'Football Heaven' said that up until Akinbayi joined we were averaging 2.2 points per match. Since he's been here, 9 games, we've only averaged 1.1 points per game, and it coincides with the beginning of sloppy, erratic play.:suspect:

Archived