Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

I don't think it was about Warnock failing, he did'nt have the right players before, they were good but its only this season the united board have realised to compete with the top teams in the championship the manager needs to be given significant funds. If Neil Warnock has done really well in the past, even last year united fans need to appreciate what they've got. Nows hes had the chance to bring in players are are proven at this level i can see them really competing for the automatic promotion places, although i just hope we beat them along the way.:hihi:

• 6 months later...

I have started another thread because there is something obviously up with the original.

I have just seen the highlights for the game at Plymouth. It did look a good game with plenty of shot on goal for both teams. Ade missed a sitter. Went one on one with keeeper, took it round him then crumbled un der pressure and skyed it. Front the highlight he did look to be trying hard though.

Eddit: The original Blades chat thread can be found here

I have started another thread because there is something obviously up with the original.

I think Blades chat #2 was going to be started by JoeP anyway :wink:

This is a first for Sheffield Forum. The Blades have filled a thread up :hihi:

RE: The Blades

Can't wait for Webber's return :suspect:

[EDIT] Can we have the old thread preserved and made a sticky in the Sheffield Sports and Activities forum? After all, it is part of the Blades history now :)

The wednesd*y thread in comparison has about 960 posts and half of them are from Blades :hihi: :hihi:

...and over 90% of canadablade's posts contain the word 'Wednesday' which means it's either his favourite day of the week, he's a closet owls fan or he ought to knock that huge chip off and concentrate on how is own team is going on and look forward to Premiership footy next season.

BLADES CAPTURE HORSFIELD:

I'm pleased to be coming back to Yorkshire, Sheffield United are flying at the minute and this is a great chance to get back into the Premiership," were the first words of Geoff Horsfield after the Blades completed his loan signing on Monday morning.

Barnsley-born Horsfield, an experienced top flight striker with Fulham, Birmingham and West Brom, has signed for United on loan for the remainder of the season with a view to a full transfer in the summer.

Neil Warnock commented: "We are pleased to have him on board, he is another Yorkshire lad and I think he is delighted to be coming home."

The 32-year-old, who played for West Brom on Saturday, added: "I've stepped down a league but this is a great chance to get straight back into the Premiership."It has been in the papers for over a month that United wanted to sign me, I'm delighted it is done and that I can come back up to Yorkshire and complete the deal.

"My aim now is to get a few goals to help us to promotion. I've only been here about an hour and I've seen the size of the club and we deserve to be in the Premiership."

BRILLIANT***

Archived