Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

For the first time this season i have a really bad feeling about us not going up. I only hope that Warnock can motivate the team to a few wins so the teams confidence builds up again.

Come on Blades. Don't let us down now...

Just grasping at straws Barnie41 & angry,but we have scored 8 in Jan/7 in Feb/ & 1 in March 16 goals in 10 week is garbage,but we played well today,but our defence made 2 errors & they scored from both mistakes,we cannot even get a penalty,but I am still going to stay as positive as I can & hope the last 7 matches come good,we have Southampton,Hull & Stoke if we don't get anything from these 3 we don,t deserve anything.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

We need 7 points minimum from those 3 games or forget it, Cardiff here we come

i'd be sad to see him go, i think it would be a bit shortsighted of the board. steady ship and all that

beg to differ mate, yes he has been a revelation in the time he has been here, but it seems dementia is getting to him...... for instance monty right wing today? whats all that about

If I were boss my strongest XI would be......

__________________KENNY

JAGIELKA___LUCKETTI___MORGAN___UNSWORTH

IFILL____ MONTGOMERY__TONGE__ ARMSTRONG

_____________WEBBER____SHIPPERLEY

no quinn bromby or gillespie?

your picking a player who has so far never played for us (lucketti) a player who is awful 90% of the time (ifill) and a donkey in morgan, i really dont understand

I know some of you will say Jags is best in midfield but I disagree.

When he was playing right back he was the best in that position outside the Premiership and better than 75% of the ones in it. Plus we defended better as aunit too.

jags is not a defender, it really is that simple, he is a good makeshift dont get me wrong, but as a out and out defender, no way. the defence was also worse when he was back there.

Finally, we looked at our best going forward when Webbs and HMS played together. This is said in the knowledge that Akinbiyi and Horsefield and actually better players though.

am i reading correctly that you class akinbiyi and horsefield as better players than HMS and webber? i really do hope you are joking. webber is far better than akinbiyi, and i just dont see where people think horsefield is a good player, in the small amount of time he has been with us, he has done NOTHING. no goals, no assists, no good build up play, NOTHING.

Just my opinion.

are you basing this opinion from going to games? cause it seems not. im not trying to be patronising but i just cant understand how you come to some of the conclusions you have if you go to games.

Totally stunned, we deserved so much from this game we dominated & got stung by 2 defensive mistakes,again,according to the BBC commentator L***s penalty was dubious,but does it make anyone else wonder why they keep getting these late penalties & opposing team players getting sent off,well if they fixed matches in the 70s they can do the same in 06.But I mentioned Earnshaw in an earlier post he is Prem quality & showed it by scoring,our strikers couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.What is going on we can't score for love or money,up to xmas we were the 2nd best scorers in the Championship.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES (GOBSMACKED)

its hard to say whether we deserved anything today, we did some ok stuff, and kozzy was linking up well today, but the thing is, nobody seems to be a threat to defences lately. i also expected a lot more from robbie earnshaw, he was rather quiet for long periods of the game. the biggest thorn in our side AGAIN was old man huckerby.

to be fair, we was unlucky in the fact HMS had a cracking shot come off the post just before they scored. we win some, we lose some,

at least leeds only gained one more point on us, and honestly this is the last fixture on the list i would have settled for a draw. the remaining ones we have now i cant see any reason why we should not win them, although on currecnt form i would be too quick to say we will win them.

BRING ON SOUTHAMPTON

side note..... monty on the right? whats all that about

Somebody tell me this isnt happening.1 win in 8.I doubt NW has the bottle to drop Morgan for Soton but hes a liability so maybe Lucketti deserves his chance.Obviously we are missing Bromby too.The luck has got to change soon;lets hope we get it all on April 18th.:cry:

Another load of part timers there again yesterday. We had filled two coaches before they announced free travel, and then all of a sudden there were 17 coaches in the car park yesterday. Where have these people been all season? They make me sick.

On another note, I think we played quite well and deserved a point at least, we could even have been 2-0 up before they even scored, with Shipps hitting the post.

I have just read the Sunday Mirror & Mickey Adams has stated that Blackwell was in the Ref's changing room at half time & Adams has stated that this is illegal,what did I say about cheating L***s.The FA need to look into this,if it is true the ref needs punishing & so do L***s.We should bombard the FA with emails & complain about Blackwell.TheFA.com - Contact Us.

Did anyone see the Championship & Adams complaining about Blackwell going in to see the ref.The FA cannot sweep this one under the carpet.

Jambo - be realistic mate. There are loads of people who simply can't afford it - and although being a blade is part of peoples life - they have bills, food, mortgage etc to pay for. Priorities - thats all it is - but good on the club for doing that, to get some support.

Fact - football is all important to some, important to others, but everyone has decisions to make.

Back to football - Shipps deserved that goal, and that could have been a turning point, pity Tonge's goal was disallowed, big attacking formation needed for the Southampton game.

Another load of part timers there again yesterday. We had filled two coaches before they announced free travel, and then all of a sudden there were 17 coaches in the car park yesterday. Where have these people been all season? They make me sick.

On another note, I think we played quite well and deserved a point at least, we could even have been 2-0 up before they even scored, with Shipps hitting the post.

did you ever think people might have been driving down already? and decided to get coach instead? with out doubt the free coaches swelled the amount of people who went, but to say they are part timers is a bit unfair.

how about the week before when we had 5,200 at coventry when there was no free transport? are they all part times? because as far as i am concerned there has not been away support like that for a long time (excluding the owls game of course)

anyways, as for shipps hitting the post and making it 2-0? was you actually at the game?? the game was sitting at 1-1 when that hit the post.

agreed with barney regards tongey's shot, bottom corner job, great goal but play had been brought back for free kick.

Archived