Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

We have not had back to back wins since Southampton & Stoke on 28th & 31st Dec 2005.So we will be playing the same 2 in the next few matches & wins could save our season.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Blades eye Black Cats swoop Mon, Mar 20 2006 13:29

United are being linked with a move for Sunderland defender Gary Breen who looks certain to leave the Stadium of Light in the summer.

Breen has hinted he is ready to walk out on the Black Cats when they are relegated back to the Championship, news which has not gone down well with the Sunderland faithful who barracked him during the game against Bolton on Saturday.

Breen has been struggling to hold down a regular place in the side following the departure of Mick McCarthy and the Blades will make a move to sign him if they go on and win promotion to the Premiership.

Boss Neil Warnock will be looking to replace veteran Craig Short if promotion is achieved and the experienced Breen is a target.

I have made an official complaint to the FA about Blackwells actions on saturday while playing Coventry & said if the FA are looking into complaints from the Norwich fans regarding Warnocks actions on saturday,they should look into the Blackwell matter as he broke FA regulations.And I hope other Utd fans complain to the FA as well.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

You misunderstood Robbie.

I meant Horsefield & Akinbiyi are better players than Shipperly. Not Webber & Shipperley.

Also, how you can say our defence was worse I really don't know. I can't remember our defence being as shaky as it is at present for a long time. I've lost count of the number of soft goals we've conceded recently.

The reason I opted for Lucketti is because at the moment I think he leadership and experience is need to shore things up. Clearly I would go for Bromby over him in a technical sense because Bromby is much the better player. However at times recently I think the pressure has got to Bromby and he has made some very costly errors.

I think the combination of Lucketti and Morgan would be ideal at the moment.

This being my strongest side I picked Ifill because he is a class player. Fair enough he has not had a good start but he is one of the most talented players at the club. No doubt about that.

I left Quinn out because if he did play he would only get on the left of mdifield for me and at the moment I wouldn't consider dropping Armstrong.

I think we've missed Montgomery in the middle as well (much as it pains me to say).

Basically I think that playing the defence as per my squad would strengthen the back four and I reckon Jags and Ifill would link up well because Jags is better on the ball than any of our regular right backs and would be able to play the ball into areas Ifill is dangerous rather than aiming for his chest from 60 yards which keep trying to do.

At the end of the day we're not playing well at the moment. I was trying to think of ways of turning our fortunes round. Maybe I was wrong.

I noticed on Saturday that we seemed to play loads better but again the defence let us down. 2 more soft goals.

Oh and no, unfortunately I haven't been to a game since the Crewe match. Baby on the way and new house to sort out. I gots to save some cash.

sorry if my post seemed harsh by the way, ws in a bad mood and relatively drunk.

anyways, yes we havent conceded so many soft goals for a long time, but jagielka was partly to blame for that happening last week at coventry (he was the one put at the back to stop mcsheffrey, and yes i know it was the pooor back pass from morgan which it came from) but jags has never looked a good defender, its just that simple in my eyes, i know a lot of people will disagree on that.

as for not playing well, look at warnocks post match interview, he will have you believe we was amazing saturday something which we wasnt)

we need to get lucketti in the side agreed, and if you wanna put jags in defence, get him at centre back with lucketti.

tonge and monty in middle, armstrong at left back, quinny left and gillespie right

this is how i think we should be having our team at moment

kenny

geary-jagielka-lucketti-armstrong

gillespie-monty-tonge-quinn

webber-hms

and only reason im putting jags there is cause morgan and short have been nothing short of poor lately

subs we would have ifill, akinbadbuy, kabba, unsworth and kozzy

unsworth can play centre back and left back, koz can play left and right back, ifill can play left or right wing. so it gives us some great options

so think of it thiis way, quinn can play all along middle, armstrong anywhere on left, jags anywhere on the pitch, monty well monty is monty, tonge can play left or centre mid, gillespie can play l;eft or right.

we have armstrong and geary overlapping consistently with quinn and gillespie. lets take the game to the saints and batter them

*gulps*

I think we might have caught "altitude sickness!"

lol

oh blow!

looks like we'll be forking out for the playoffs and a ticket to cardiff.

:( :( :( :( :(

PT

Think it will cost me a bit more than you PT but I will be there :D

Regards CB

UTB

No worries mate, I like to start a debate and you certainly got stuck in.

Good team you've gone for though, I like it.

I'd still have Armstrong on left midfield, his crossing if far better than anyone elses at the moment.

Saying that though Quinn has enough defensive ability to allow Armstrong to bomb forward.

I really hope Leeds and Watford get within a point then we kick on and go on a good run. Leave em for dead.

Archived