Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

United next 3 games:

Southampton, Stoke and Hull.

Minimum 7 points there is we are good enough for promotion. Tough trip to cardiff then before the big one against weeds. By that time, united should be out of sight from palace.

Thankyou again to palace, we wish you well in the playoffs.

As for boboskins, if I remember right you're a wendy fan? I suggest you concentrate on your team. Swillsborough are full of "fans" that are too obsessed with united. Jealous are we??:D

As for boboskins, if I remember right you're a wendy fan? I suggest you concentrate on your team. Swillsborough are full of "fans" that are too obsessed with united. Jealous are we??:D

Not obssessed or jealous at all just adding a comment that maybe Palace winning wasn't all good for your lot. I'd have thought a 0-0 bore draw would have been the best result as that would have meant Leeds were still 3 points off with a worse goal difference and Palace out of it. As it is Palace winning will give them hope of getting that 2nd spot and you've still got to play em.

That comment of yours just proves that you can't have a reasoned conversation with a Blunt. Suppose they'll all be on Football Heaven tomorrow playing a different record now coz of this result :loopy:

Oh and nice of you to say Hillsborough's full of fans :D

I'd still have Armstrong on left midfield, his crossing if far better than anyone elses at the moment.

thing is when chrissy is at left back he still bombs forward and gets them great crosses in, at the moment i would say he is our best player

David Hopkin steps up...... Oh my word.... it's in the top corner!!!! :clap::hihi: :hihi: :banana:

that was at wembley......

and even though we lost 3-0 to wolves in cardiff, was stilla top notch day out.

Anyone elso going for a few beers before the game on saturday- should be going in the R+R bar for a couple!

check your pms

Plenty of folk on Radio Sheffield want to see Simon Francis has a crack, I think bringing another player into the team at this late stage would be counter productive. Stick to the team (as best as possible!) that got us up there and COME ON UNITED!!

i think frqancis would be great at right back, i remember when he first joined, looked to have bags of potential. would rather him be there than kozzy or geary come to mention it

I agree, but they also have to work on the strikers. Lots of chances have been created, but for whatever reason none of our strikers seem to be able to score at the moment.

lots of chances created? i must be watching the wrong games

Dunno if this is true or not, but I heard a rumour that Warnock was planning to play Dooley in goal for Norwich game as he prefers older players. Apparently that plan fell through when Dooley turned up for training absolutely legless.

of VERY poor taste mate, show a bit more respect for a footballing great

I knew we'd be depending on other results before the season was over.

at what point was we relying on other results? we still had the points advantage over l**ds

anyways, great result from palace today, bout time l**ds lost.

LETS BATTER SOUTHAMPTON BLADES

L***s 0 - 1 Palace, Well that result will shut Blackwell up,it is now in our own hands I think if we win 4 of our remaining 7 we will do it.This has got to start our season off again,the players don't need any better insentives to show they are clas,who have been in the top 2 all season & we deserve to stay in the top 2.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

The Football Association have charged Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock with improper conduct.

The charge relates to gestures made towards Norwich boss Nigel Worthington following the final whistle at Carrow Road on Saturday.

Warnock, whose promotion-chasing side lost 2-1, has until April 4 to respond.

The charge will come as a shock to Warnock who was confident he would escape any action from the FA despite admitting flashing a V-sign at Worthington.

The Blades boss was furious the former Sheffield Wednesday defender ignored him and refused to shake his hand following the defeat, United's third in four games.

Warnock told the Yorkshire Post on Tuesday: "I won't deny I flipped my fingers in his direction, but only because I was so disgusted and frustrated at being humiliated by a fellow manager.

"If the same circumstances arose I would do the same again.

"I held out my hand for six or seven seconds but he kept on talking and turned his back. There was no mix-up, he even looked me in the eyes.

"I am sorry if it upset any fans. There was definitely no offence intended to anyone inside the ground apart from their staff.

"When the governing body looks at the incident I think they will decide to take no action."

However, the Norwich boss criticised his Blades counterpart following the gesture, calling Warnock "disrespectful and unprofessional."

"I didn't know anything about it until I saw it on television afterwards," admitted Worthington.

"At the time I didn't really hear or see anything. A few people mentioned it so I had a look.

"I am not bothered about it in any way, shape or form, but I did find it disrespectful and unprofessional.

"There is a manager's code of conduct - and that is definitely not in it."

I am astonished the F.A. have charged Warnock for this schoolboy error & have not said a word about Blackwell going into the refs' changing room at Coventry on saturday,it's one law for one & one for the other.Worthington said he new nothing about it until he saw it on TV proving Warnock right that his back was turned.

I'm a Wednesdayite and post on this thread and boboskins didn't come on here to hammer Utd so cant see the problem.

I had a feeling Palace would get something at Leeds as i feel they are feeling the nerves now. I still say Utd will go up before the last game of the season.

Southampton wont be a walkover Saturday, Stoke & Hull shoudl be 6 points easily.

Let's hope NW will learn to think though when you do go up as he'll be on the backpage every Monday. :D

Boboskins is ok,it's a few who get a bit hairiated,it's the tension on both clubs at the minute,so no harm meant to B.Southampton were terrible against Watford the other night,the fans were shouting for the manager & board to go,it's a shame as I have alway's liked Southamton because they have alway's been the whipping boys in the top flight.But I think we will beat them & Stoke & Hull & I for one have always said I hope the Owls stay up & after the great result against in form Preston so well done & by the way Warnock will gladly pay up for the Worthington school boy row,Warnock is a passionate Sheffield bloke,like most of us when you think about it,if someone get's our back's up we come out fighting.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Alright lads.

Blade fan since as long as I can remember but not having ever lived in Sheffield I'm not too up on which pubs to go to. I normally drive down as well so don't get the chance for a good sesh - usually just call in the Sportsman for a couple. However, this Saturday I'm coming down on the train with a mate and plan to enjoy our 3-0 victory before getting lashed.

Any recommendations for anywhere other than the Sportsman, both before and after the game?

Cheers!

Archived