Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

Good point, if we don’t get off to a good start how long before the boo boys are out ?

:confused:

The 'boo boys' are out, even though we're on the brink of promotion!

Fortunately, it's party time at the Lane so the fickle anti-Warnock brigade's voice is somewhat muted.

But for how long? We'll see...

I have been winding my grandad up, he is a pure owl and hates anything to do with United. He takes it so seriously, he would even fight about it and even fall out with his own family.

He won't even have a Chicken Tikka Masala at the Indian because it is red! - YES! seriously he sent it back because it was red sauce with white rice (this was last year!) So funny.

Well he has right face on now and probably wont speak to me for a month - oh well - UP HE BLADES!

Watford have a better manager,the guy has had 1 season & Warnock has completed 5 promotions in his career,who is the best manager now.

Promotions yes. That is what Warnock is good at. Does he have what it takes to turn that promotion winning side into a mid table prem side? Not so sure. Just think he's more of a Harry Redknapp than a Paul Jewell.

Well Harry has not done too bad over the years apart from Southampton last season,he was quite successful at West Ham & We will only know how good Warnock is if we stay up,as for Boothroyd he is a young manager & I have seen too many over the years have 1 good season then everything falls apart.And as for Paul Jewell apart from Bradford & Wigan what has he done,the Owls sacked him,need I say anymore.

Cath - you raise a good question and it could prove to be a tricky situation if by Christmas, the Blades are propping up the Premier League with 'nil points'. How long DO they give Warnock to rectify the matter as surely he more than anyone else deserves a chance to pit his wits with the best?

But we don't know how much money he'll be able to spend and what kind of player he'll be able to bring in. We shall see in the summer what kind of club the board are trying to turn United into: one season wonders who refuse to give Warnock money because they know we'll be relegated?; one that goes up, spends way too much and simply can't afford to be relegated (but are - and look how many clubs have suffered from this approach since the inception of the Premier League [bradford, L*eds, Wednesday and even Swindon - remember them?!])? Or go big, spend big in the hope you get it right, survive that first season and plan ahead?

Whether given money or not, I do believe Warnock has a, let's say 'healthy' attitude to the game and he will bring some interesting mind games to the top flight.

Can he outwit Mourinho, Wenger and Sir Alex on a pittance of the money that they have invested in their teams? As I have said elsewhere, the thought of seeing Warnock jostling on the touchline with these high-profile, successful managers certainly whets my appetite.

The truth is only time will tell.

Warnock has the bility to be a premiership manager, no doubt about that.

I sometimes feel that he bottles it when it comes to team selections/tactics and that he worries far too much about the other team.

To be fair though he's got it just about right this season. I feel he may have brought too many players in in January which disrupted the balance a little.

At the end of the day he's got us on the verge of the big time and I reckon we may well surprise a few people next season.

UTB.

Warnock has to be given every chance next season. Look at the board - we are light years better off, off the field , than we have ever been. That will mean more investment in the team, and I have no doubt that the board have plans in place to improve the club. I don't hink they'll go silly and put us in the financial mire, but I'm positive.

This is a great time to be a blade - the next three weeks are going to be fantastic - and a summer of dreaming of next season is to come.

I agree syko.Look at Wigan they do not have any superstars,but they have the Wimbledon work ethics.The top teams can crumble as we have seen in the FA cup,you do not give them time on the ball & they run around like headless chickens.I think we need a couple of good defenders & a midfield general,as I think the strikers we have can compete at the top level,we should do ok,but I would like to say that I do not want us to finish 4th from bottom,I would like us to be mid table if it is possible.Look at how Wigan have done.

I agree syko.Look at Wigan they do not have any superstars,but they have the Wimbledon work ethics.The top teams can crumble as we have seen in the FA cup,you do not give them time on the ball & they run around like headless chickens.I think we need a couple of good defenders & a midfield general,as I think the strikers we have can compete at the top level,we should do ok,but I would like to say that I do not want us to finish 4th from bottom,I would like us to be mid table if it is possible.Look at how Wigan have done.

Wigan have really opened a lot of peoples eyes. You don't need a huge budget or any superstars.

We'd need a De Zeuuw and Henchoz. They were inspired signings by Jewell.

I'd also love to pair Hartson and Webber. I think they'd be class together.

In 20 years of going to the footy I can only remember being searched once and that was at Wembley so doubt you've got much to worry about syko.

As for the Leeds game - anyone else think Deano should be on the bench? How ******* sweet would it be for him to come on with 15 mins left and put one (or more) in against the seat chuckers? :D :D :D

As for celebratory drinks - just let us know when and where :D

Archived