Tattoos and Piercings

You can take away every possession I own, strip me of everything that I hold dear, and I will still have it. If I'm in rags on the street I shall still carry that with me.

In my case it's also a replica of something drawn on in marker pen as a fun gesture 3 days before he died and which I washed off on the day he died, without knowing that he was already dead. It really wouldn't be the same if it was on a picture on a wall or any other representation.

Not if I blowtorch it off you won't!

I'm playing devils advocate but you get my point.

I have quite a few tattoos and when i'm wearing my work t-shirt, half of the one on my arm is visible. Many customers ask what the tattoo is or ask if they can have a look. I don't mind showing them. However, a few weeks ago, i was serving a customer and without saying a word, he leaned right over the counter and grabbed my arm with one hand and used his other hand to try to push up my sleeve. That's not acceptable!! I had a go at him and his reply was 'calm down, i only wanted to look at your tattoo'.

that's not on, just a knob with no manners, if you wanna look, ask, otherwise its assault

• 3 months later...

personally i struggle to see the point of a tongue piercing, i think it would be too annoying for me to always feel as though i'd got something on my tongue, but each to their own

other than that, i don't have a problem with anyone having anything pierced - it's your body to do with whatever you want

I adore piercings! As a matter of fact I have just got my tongue pierced today! So sore now but so worth it what are your thoughts on them? :hihi:

I had a tongue piercing for a few years, I took it out after I broke a tooth on it for the second time. You have been warned.

personally i struggle to see the point of a tongue piercing, i think it would be too annoying for me to always feel as though i'd got something on my tongue, but each to their own

other than that, i don't have a problem with anyone having anything pierced - it's your body to do with whatever you want

Yep this about sums up my feeling, maybe if anyone needs emergency treatment as a consequence of these self inflicted injuries they should pay the NHS bill.

Yep this about sums up my feeling, maybe if anyone needs emergency treatment as a consequence of these self inflicted injuries they should pay the NHS bill.

Presumably you feel the same about medical treatment for the obese, sporting injuries, people who injure themselves doing DIY jobs, smokers, people with STD's etc?

Presumably you feel the same about medical treatment for the obese, sporting injuries, people who injure themselves doing DIY jobs, smokers, people with STD's etc?

Obese Possibly.

Sport injuries, No because sport does more good that harm.

Accidents, No because they are not self inflicted.

Smokers Yes

STD, No because if they don't get treated they will just spread it around.

Archived