Where is Ronnie Wetherall

I was born and bred in Sheffield but moved about 35 years ago, I worked for him for some time, can you tell me any more details and info. Is his wife Nora still alive etc or any info you may be able to give me, did you know him well yourself.

I was born and bred in Sheffield but moved about 35 years ago, I worked for him for some time, can you tell me any more details and info. Is his wife Nora still alive etc or any info you may be able to give me, did you know him well yourself.

I knew Ronnie from the Town scene he was a popular character around the pubs but I was not a close friend.

I know he lived at the the top of Penrhyn Road at Ecclesall but do not know if any of his family are still in that area.

If it's the same Ron Wetherall, the first time I came across him was on the rugby pitch at school. He was devastating, he could've played our team on his own. I got to know him later on getting around town. I remember just after the 'Rhino Whip' affair involving the Hartley brothers, one of the police officers involved had left the force and taken a job in security somewhere. He was down at the 'Locarno' in the bar and Ron was in his earhole itimidating the crap out of him. I don't know how it finished up.

He died a couple of years ago.
Here is a link to the notice in 'The Star'. I have his address as per the 2005 electoral roll, though there doesn't seem to have been anyone else with the same surname at that address (PM me if you'd like the address). I also have a possible address for Dawn.

Here is a link to the notice in 'The Star'. I have his address as per the 2005 electoral roll, though there doesn't seem to have been anyone else with the same surname at that address (PM me if you'd like the address). I also have a possible address for Dawn.

Cheers hillsbro [as usual you are a star]

Four years ago how time flies ,

I remember the funeral as the weather was appalling that winter and hundreds turned out for a very popular man .

Archived