Missed Footballing Days In Sheffield!!

I was chatting to my younger bro the other day and we got round to reminissing about when we used to love playing and watching football in Sheffield.We both played for the Park Hotel in the Hallamshire League for a while then transferred to the Old Blue Ball in Hillsborough,we ran two teams there one Hallamshire League one Sunday Imperial.Everyone enjoyed playing we never won any cups or leagues but the social side was good and we were never short of players!.After a time I moved to Aston-cum-Aughton and started a new team in the Roland Arms,this side turned out to be very good against all expectations,we were promoted each successive season ending up runners up by 2 points in the top division also runners up in the Imperial Sunday Cup,losing to Woodburn who only lost a game once a season.I used to love it at the draw for the cup competition at the York Hotel,our name came out of the bag then whoever was drawn against us gave out an audible groan,we were well respected!.Anyhow looking back it was an enjoyable time of my life which I would like to bet would be the same for many old Sheffield players out there now at this time in the Autumn of our lives!.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I played most of my football in the 60s, after leaving school I played for the local boys club. First at under 16s then under 18s then we joined the sports and athletic league a good standard of football in those days. we travel to away games sometimes having to catch 2 buses to get there get change in a park hut, no showers, and travel back again with the shirts and ball in a old onion bag. never won many games but made loads of mates, and enjoyed every game.

Archived