Edward Snowden; Hero or villain?

Its seems the long arm of the US reaches everywhere, forcing planes down:

Bolivia leader's jet diverted 'amid Snowden suspicions'

Bolivian President Evo Morales's plane had to be diverted to Austria amid suspicion that US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden was on board, the Bolivian foreign minister has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23156360

Play from one minute 8 seconds:

Its seems the long arm of the US reaches everywhere, forcing planes down:

Bolivia leader's jet diverted 'amid Snowden suspicions'

Bolivian President Evo Morales's plane had to be diverted to Austria amid suspicion that US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden was on board, the Bolivian foreign minister has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23156360

Play from one minute 8 seconds:

Someone on another forum has posed the question about what would happen if someone decided to require Air Force One to land and then proceeded to board and carry out an inspection to see who was travelling.

Even if it was as a result of a credible rumour that the aircraft was carrying someone of interest to them or their allies, I can't imagine the US authorities being very happy about the situation, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was sufficient for them to decide it was time to implement democracy in the country that did it.

But if it's such an outrage for a US president to be forced to land and be inspected by a foreign power, why isn't it that the Bolivian president was subjected to the same treatment?

But if it's such an outrage for a US president to be forced to land and be inspected by a foreign power, why isn't it that the Bolivian president was subjected to the same treatment?
Apparently, many South American countries are as very displeased about that one, as Merkel and Hollande (and many others) are about Prism.

The US are in danger of losing a sizeable chunk of goodwill in their own back garden about as fast as they have in Europe.

This all just takes my mind back to those 'NSA-like' scenes in the 3rd Bourne movie (with the bespectacled wavy-haired boss ordering and letting agents/hitman loose on the Guardian journo in the London train station), with Nation State-elbowing spooks accountable to noone and running loose wherever they want under their own steam.

I can't remember exactly, but seem to recall that Obama has never been held in much esteem about his skills in overseas matters...Powers that be in China must be p***ing themsleves laughing.

BBC News http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23145887 currently reports his prospects thus:

Asylum requests

Rejected: Austria, Brazil, Finland, India, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Spain, Switzerland

Withdrawn: Russia

Pending: Bolivia, China, Cuba, Ecuador, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Netherlands, Nicaragua

Unconfirmed: France, Venezuela

What about Iran, Niger, Pakistan, Honduras, Haiti, Sudan, Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan and Somalia?

I'm sure one of them would take him.

---------- Post added 03-07-2013 at 14:50 ----------

I can't remember exactly, but seem to recall that Obama has never been held in much esteem about his skills in overseas matters...Powers that be in China must be p***ing themsleves laughing.

Bush was castigated thoroughly (with good reason) for his diplomatic ineptitude - and the Democrats led the pack of those doing the jeering.

I wonder whether those same people will jeer at Obama?

It was often argued that a part of the reason for Bush's failures was that he wasn't too bright.

Nobody could (or has) accused Obama of being dim - so what's the reason he's upsetting so many other countries? Arrogance or malevolence?

Nobody could (or has) accused Obama of being dim - so what's the reason he's upsetting so many other countries? Arrogance or malevolence?

So big a deal (at the Nation State/realpolitik level) that it almost makes me wonder if it's not a false-flag op/maskirovka by the US, with an ulterior motive we've yet to suss out.

;)

'told ya all it was going to be an interesting one :D

Perhaps our American friends could answer this. Isn't it considered aiding and abetting if you fail to report a crime in the US (a crime itself)? If so...

He is therefore a villain if the secret services have acting legally because he has made a false allegation and betrayed his oath. But, if the secret services have acted illegally, he must be consider a hero for doing his duty.

What about Iran, Niger, Pakistan, Honduras, Haiti, Sudan, Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan and Somalia?

I'm sure one of them would take him.

Or maybe any- bar one- of the countries in the Middle East might. Egypt, for instance, if he wants peace and quiet.

Archived