Edward Snowden; Hero or villain?

Would you like to explain what actually happened then? Virtually all the sources I've seen state the aircraft was forced to land in Austria as they couldn't get clearance to continue any further because the countries they would have to fly over all barred permission because of rumours Mr Snowden was on board.

Nothing happened obviously. All the Latin american heads of state routinely condemn nothing.

The episode sparked angry reactions from heads of state across Latin America.

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner referred to "not only the humiliation of a sister country, but of the South American continent".

Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro said on Twitter: "I reaffirm all our solidarity with Evo [Morales] and from Venezuela, with dignity, we will respond to this dangerous, disproportionate, and unacceptable aggression"

Ecuador's President Rafael Correa tweeted: "We express our solidarity with Evo [Morales] and the brave Bolivian people."

A statement by Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff said: "The embarrassment to President Morales hits not only Bolivia, but all of Latin America."

A better analogy would be for the Speaker to have questioned why Jefferson had not ordered the private letters of every US citizen to be intercepted and checked... which would not have been accepted by the public and, I believe, is a federal offence in the US to this day? But apparently this is only important if you do it to US citizens?

Let me tell you that this US strategy is damaging its friendships. When it behavior means former friends are less inclined to do business with it, when they are less inclined to stand at its side when confronted by an enemy, then the US has isolated itself and made itself significantly less secure.

Listen to your friends... you have behaved badly and we don't like you very much at the moment. Carry on making excuses for your bad behaviour, carry on treating us different to how you would members of your own family and we won't be friends any more.

Gross exaggeration again. This will blow over. In six months no one will even remember who Snowden was THe EU does it's own share of spying on it's friends and none friends, dont kid yourself. Every country does it. US-Europe relations have gone thru bigger crisis before and survived. Read up on the 1956 Suez crisis for a start

If certain EU leaders are muttering about ssuspending further talks on the EU-USA Free Trade agreement then it's just a matter of cutting off their noses to spite their faces and not for a moment do I believe that such an agreement would be put in the slightest jeopardy cos the world survives and prospers on such agreements

Gross exaggeration again. This will blow over. In six months no one will even remember who Snowden was THe EU does it's own share of spying on it's friends and none friends, dont kid yourself. Every country does it. US-Europe relations have gone thru bigger crisis before and survived. Read up on the 1956 Suez crisis for a start

If certain EU leaders are muttering about ssuspending further talks on the EU-USA Free Trade agreement then it's just a matter of cutting off their noses to spite their faces and not for a moment do I believe that such an agreement would be put in the slightest jeopardy cos the world survives and prospers on such agreements

I'm really struggling to comprehend why you think this way. Why would you want it to blow over or be okay with it blowing over?

Why do you think it is okay for your government to pervert the course of justice and to intimidate to get its own way.

You should be furious that your country is treating him as a villian, and you should be ashamed for calling yourself an american whilst your values seem more and more to sound like North Korea's.

The EU isn't a country. It doesn't even have a police force never mind a security network.

Don't be telling our American friends, even British born ones facts like that. It only confuses them.

The EU isn't a country. It doesn't even have a police force never mind a security network.

Duh! It does have a government dont it? It's seated in a city called Brussels. (look that up. It's in a country which has another big city called Antwerp) They speak French and also Flemish. Now that should give you a hand up. I leave the rest of the research to you

The EU negotiates trading agreements collectively with foreign countries since it has a standard trade policy amongst it's members.

If the US-EU reach a free trade agreement which apparently is in the works then it wont be just between the US and each individual EU member but the EU as a whole.

:

---------- Post added 04-07-2013 at 23:11 ----------

Don't be telling our American friends, even British born ones facts like that. It only confuses them.

It's a trading block and my post referred to a EU-US free trade agreement. Go back to sleep! :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-07-2013 at 23:40 ----------

Nothing happened obviously. All the Latin american heads of state routinely condemn nothing.

That's okay. They're allowed to vent their spleens even if the US pumps billions of dollars into their economies and keeps Venezuelas's shaky economy going by importing it's oil and providing millions of jobs for Latin Americans who come here because they cant even find a job shovelling s**t in their own countries.

Maybe next time Argentina starts up again about the Falklands then Obama might be able to repair diplomatic fences by backing Argentina this time around :hihi:

That's okay. They're allowed to vent their spleens even if the US pumps billions of dollars into their economies and keeps Venezuelas's shaky economy going by importing it's oil and providing millions of jobs for Latin Americans who come here because they cant even find a job shovelling s**t in their own countries.

Maybe next time Argentina starts up again about the Falklands then Obama might be able to repair diplomatic fences by backing Argentina this time around :hihi:

You really did devolve into an American.

Do you think the trillions of dollars America owes grows on tree`s. China owns America.

Foreign governments hold about 46 percent of all U.S. debt held by the public, more than $4.5 trillion. The largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more about $1.2 trillion in bills, notes and bonds, according to the Treasury.

To put China's ownership of U.S. debt in perspective, its holding of $1.2 trillion is even larger than the amount owned by American households. U.S. citizens hold only about $959 billion in U.S. debt, according to the Federal Reserve.

Other large foreign holders of U.S. debt include Japan, which owns $912 billion; the United Kingdom, which owns $347 billion; Brazil, which holds $211 billion; Taiwan, which holds $153 billion; and Hong Kong, which owns $122 billion.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/ss/How-Much-US-Debt-Does-China-Own.htm

And what are all the Americans going to do when the oil starts drying up or getting ludicrously expensive. They are going to be using electric cars which use batteries. The batteries that contain a little thing called lithium.

Oh yes I forgot Bolivia owns the largest lithium reserves on the planet and an estimated 50-70% of all lithium on earth.

Oh yes I forgot Bolivia owns the largest lithium reserves on the planet and an estimated 50-70% of all lithium on earth.
I take it Bolivia will soon find itself on the list of countries to be "democratized", then :hihi:

I take it Bolivia will soon find itself on the list of countries to be "democratized", then :hihi:

It's sad because its so close to the truth.

---------- Post added 05-07-2013 at 12:28 ----------

Your not even from there!

Your sounding quite a lot like a certain EDL member recently.

The country your so quick to blindly defend is made up of immigrants like you and those Venezualans who ARE your country and who create the billions of dollars that flow out of it.

Archived