No more TeaFan - over and out

My life has taken a turn for the better recently because of friendships I have made, and I am happier than I have been for quite a long time, so being around the hatred, fear and ignorance that permeate Sheffield Forum these days is not where I need to be.

Neither is this alter ego who I want to be. I am aware that over the years I have posted many catty, acerbic comments aimed at various people. Most of the time, I like to think, this has been prompted by frustration at the ignorance and judgement directed at people who do the worst in our society; people with mental health problems, disabled people, homeless people, refugees. But there are other ways to respond.

I am posting this for two reasons:

1. Doing so helps me to put this alter ego behind me and make him part of my past and not my present

2. To apologise to anyone who I have offended who isn't a bigot or a rape apologist. I'm sorry. It wasn't you, it was me.

New life this way >>> bye.

Glad things are working out for you. Your posts that I read were sensible and reasoned, and I thought that you made thoughtful contributions.

All the best!

^^^^Same as what Mister M says, good luck and all the best Teafan! :thumbsup:

A bit aggravating at times (takes one to know one :D), but often insightful and up there with Halibut in frequently causing me to think twice or thrice about a topic or post...Sorry to see you go TF, but it's a cheerful wave from what you've said. All the best :)

A bit aggravating at times (I know I am too, don't worry :D), but often insightful and up there with Halibut in frequently causing me to think twice or thrice about a topic or post...Sorry to see you go TF, but it's a cheerful wave from what you've said. All the best :)
Halibut?? Steady on there :hihi:

Archived