Gas / Electric costs

After 5 years of having a token meter and no gas in my flat, I am moving into a house with my boyfriend where we will be paying them both by bill.

Can anyone tell me what they pay on average per month for each?

I'm just working out in advance how much I need to set by each month for all the bills so it would be really helpful!

thank you :D

thanks Mecky, it's just to give me a vague idea. It's been so long since I paid an electric bill! I used to pay £15 a month direct debit. Now I see on yahoo forums that scottish power are asking people to set up £120 a month direct debit!

thanks Mecky, it's just to give me a vague idea. It's been so long since I paid an electric bill! I used to pay £15 a month direct debit. Now I see on yahoo forums that scottish power are asking people to set up £120 a month direct debit!

yeah, they tried that with us. that's £120 per month - EACH.

we asked them to fit prepayment meters, they did, and now our energy bill is more like £120 per month for both, a little more in winter.

get with https://www.ebico.org.uk/ if you can :D

60 a month for each?

For two people in a flat that seems pretty steep.

the OP said they were moving into a house.

I pay £46 a month direct debit for both gas and electric, that's for a smallish one bedroom modern flat, it was only built 7 years ago so it quite energy efficient :)

Last year I did end up £300 in credit after paying £50 a month so I probably might end up decreasing my payment as some point.

We just try and pay the average over the year, that way when energy use increases over the winter you don't get stuck with a massive bill right around xmas when you're already spent up.

I'd rather that security in knowing I won't get a massive un-payable bill than worrying the utility company will be making abit of interest off of a couple hundred quid during the summer.

Archived