The end of free treatment from the NHS.

There is a systematic project here in the UK to drive down wages, reduce staffing levels (which means increased unemployment), to use the minimum wage as a standard for salary policy, to deny access to higher education.

Ordinary people are being pushed into poverty, and poor people cannot afford to pay for healthcare.

No, you just think there is.

"Poor people" get free prescriptions, dental care, and much more.

No, you just think there is.

"Poor people" get free prescriptions, dental care, and much more.

Not all ordinary people are on benefits. They may be, for example, a struggling family with both parents woring to 'make ends meet', who have two children to feed and clothe. There is not much money left at the end of the month when the rent is paid, the council tax and utility bills are settled, transport is paid for, VAT paid at 20%...

Ordinary people are being systematically impoverished simultaneously with tax cuts for millionaires and a truly astonishing level of structured tax arranging by the wealtiest individuals and the corporations that employ them.

This is precisely my point alchresearch... there are calls for charges on NHS treatments, so that the poorest must pay or go without.

Interesting Pavlovian reaction you got going there, alc; particularly when one bears in mind that Staunton didn't mention any political parties.

But you know he's desperate to try and flip anything he can and try to influence public opinion.

I havent been in hospital since i was 15 & I would still wouldnt mind paying an extra £20 a month if to get private care or no waiting lists.

There are 2 types of hospitals in Australia. Public & Private.

The public ones are nice but the Private ones are amazing. You get what you pay for.

I think £20 extra a month is somewhat optimistic!!!!!!!!!

Not all ordinary people are on benefits. They may be, for example, a struggling family with both parents woring to 'make ends meet', who have two children to feed and clothe. There is not much money left at the end of the month when the rent is paid, the council tax and utility bills are settled, transport is paid for, VAT paid at 20%...

Ordinary people are being systematically impoverished simultaneously with tax cuts for millionaires and a truly astonishing level of structured tax arranging by the wealtiest individuals and the corporations that employ them.

This is precisely my point alchresearch... there are calls for charges on NHS treatments, so that the poorest must pay or go without.

So how do you explain the fact that everyone gets free prescriptions in Wales and Scotland?

There is a systematic project here in the UK to drive down wages, reduce staffing levels (which means increased unemployment), to use the minimum wage as a standard for salary policy, to deny access to higher education.

Ordinary people are being pushed into poverty, and poor people cannot afford to pay for healthcare.

Unless we defend our NHS and reverse the policies of privatisation and charges most of us shall be without basic healthcare here in the Uk, the home of the most famous health system in the world.

I think that what is happening in the US is indicative and worryingly an omen of what might happen here in the UK; that many working people and not necessarily poor, will end up in trailer parks.

I think they're the ones that are the most vulnerable to the three card trick.

because they are benefit scroungers?

Because the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly choose how they spend their money. I haven't got the time to investigate, but its just possible there are other things we get here in England that they go without.

We could start saving money in the NHS by properly charging health tourists; by having cash penalties for missed appointments (when there is no good reason); by refusing to treat people who haven't had an accident, and who don't have an emergency but who turn up at A & E and complain when they have to wait whilst real emergencies are dealt with.

Archived