Churchhouse. food fantastic. beers great.

jaw05

had a quality meal at "churchhouse" on saturday evening. complimented by several real ales ( they had four maybe five on I think! ). food fantastic well worth a try for posh (proper) pub food. beers topped it off. staff were bysy but very helpful and attentive. freat atmosphere. worth a try.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We had a terrible midweek meal at the churchhouse around two weeks ago the manager had let his main chef go out on the town for the night and left a trainee to do the cooking there was around 20 diners in on a tues night and they had advertised in the sheffield star that very evening a special offer ! The manager realised the error of his ways and wiped our bill clean after a full 90 min wait but the food was terrible it wasn't worth paying for in any event

I remember the managers face he was in charge at whitbys fish restaurant he called you sir when in charge at whitbys ! But now he calls his customers darling bit of a loose cannon if you ask me !

will call in for a pint but will not have any food in future.

My friends and I go in Churchhouse most weeks and have done since it opened, and apart from a couple of "duff" steaks we've all been very satisfied with the food and service. The staff are always very helpful and polite and I've recommended it to several people.

We had a meal here on Sunday.

We had a voucher from one of the many sites that now offer deals. We have found buying these deals allows you to try lots of different places without it costing a fortune.

I'm so glad we got a voucher for here as we had an excellent meal and will definately be eating here again!

Archived