Condensation in Fridge

Hello, I have been having quite a bit of condensation build up in my fridge.

It is a frost free variety and have just cleaned it all out but having to put the meter on 2, it goes up to 5.

I wonder if it is caused by how full the fridge freezer is or maybe some build up in the pipes or tanks.

Not sure what am on about here or what to look for.

Look for a drainhole in the centre of the back of the fridge at the bottom.

When you find the hole, poke a coat hanger through it (gently)

Condensation - if it forms is supposed to tun down the back of the fridge, through that hole and onto a tray (usually above the compresor.

If the hole is blocked, the water can't run away.

The pipe runs up to a closed section at the back and cannot put anything in there.

The pipe does run down to the bottom on the back and is plugged with another part that goes in the system.

I do not want to mess with anything and cause any trouble.

The pipe runs up to a closed section at the back and cannot put anything in there.

The pipe does run down to the bottom on the back and is plugged with another part that goes in the system.

Buy a double glazed fridge :D

You should find that there is a (kinda) syphon-plug in the fridge end which is removable, remove it & clean it regularly as it becomes blocked from time to time with gunge/mould .

Archived