Family living in a car

The star cant even be bothered to check their own archives it seems

http://m.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/family-of-travellers-plead-for-new-home-1-2966222

And if that car with leather interior and wallnut stearing wheel is a cavalier then im a gypsy.

TGB indeed.

Actually, that IS a Cavalier. It has leather effect seat covers on. The steering wheel and door trims are definitely Vauxhall. She might own a 4x4, but that photograph plainly isn't it. You could get a model with the awful walnut effect on the steering wheel.

Doesn't make the story any more pleasant though.

So how much do the asylum seekers/refugees pay for their accommodation?

Asylum seekers pay nothing unless they have money. And, as they are not allowed to work, its rare they have any other than the small amount allotted to them by the government. Their accommodation is provided by the government, and can be anywhere in the UK, and the landlords are mainly private contractors.

If their claim for asylum is granted and they are given refugee status and allowed to work, they pay for their (usually private rented) housing like anyone else.

This woman was my neighbour from a few years ago, I'm certain of it. She had fewer children then but the names definitely ring a bell. 3 young boys. I have to say that she was actually a lovely neighbour, the only issue I had was that she played Joleen on repeat on Sunday mornings while she did the cleaning!

Her kids were friendly enough, a bit rough around the edges to put it blunty, but as I treated her a human rather than a piece of trash she was polite, civil and in fact very helpful to me.

She wanted to move to Darnall to be nearer her family but the council wouldn't move her, and then conveniently, someone graffitied her house with the word 'jippo'. We always suspected that they put the graffiti on themselves to make out they weren't safe so could be moved...

Apologies, I was refering to this article: http://m.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out...home-1-2966222

Strange this one indeed.....had my own housing meeting today, mentioned this poor womans plight :) like you do as interested in the fact, if your story goes in The Star do you have a better chance?

Errrr no but this lady had appointment today too.

Missed last one due to claim of no bus fare to get to howden house. Seriously! :D That car she's living in, has NO WHEELS obviously, so therefore static so could be classed as a house.

I dont believe for a minute that she is sleeping in the car, part of the con. All it needs is a PI to keep an eye on her and find out where she is stopping of a night, no doubt with one of her 10 children, several of whom are grown up and must have accommodation somewhere.

Would any child see their mother and siblings sleep in a car? Come on, wake up and smell the coffee council and Star.

No doubt she will get her own way and you and me pick up the bill as usual.

I dont believe for a minute that she is sleeping in the car, part of the con. All it needs is a PI to keep an eye on her and find out where she is stopping of a night, no doubt with one of her 10 children, several of whom are grown up and must have accommodation somewhere.

To be fair the car doesn't look 'lived in' from those pictures.

Missed last one due to claim of no bus fare to get to howden house. Seriously! :D

That car she's living in, has NO WHEELS obviously, so therefore static so could be classed as a house.

The same car she drove from Staffordshire to Sheffield?

She wants to get her story straight :hihi:

Archived