Whose portrait would you have on bank notes?

why does it have to be a picture of a person - why not a building or place? - stonehenge, st paul's cathedral, buckingham palace, the humber bridge etc etc?
21 Stamford Street, Brightside. Oh Sorry, its not there anymore. It's a carpark

---------- Post added 28-06-2013 at 14:42 ----------

In serious vein I would not put Thatcher on a note beacuse she's too recent but how about as well as Churchill, William Shakespeare, Lord Tennyson, Charles Dickens and Lord Nelson?

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 21:39 ----------

Careful there about Thomas Paine. Wrote a great work called Common Sense but a damned traitah in his time.

The one eyed, one armed blightah up there on the top of a pole in Trafalgar Square is a natural for the job.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel..

Probably the most intelligent suggestion of all, at least his contributions are still being used all over.; and are marvels of engineering. I've got another one for the pot though what about Douglas Bader, Guy Gibson, or something to commemorate the Battle of Britain.... real heroes; who gave their all for this country.

Or just a picture of a 1st WW & 2nd WW Tommy, on the note, no particular ones as it would be remembering them all...perhaps stood in a field of poppies.

You have a very different idea of a "Gentleman" than I do then.

Helping his fellow man in a time of need...offering his own supplies and use of phone...disrupting his busy schedule to help someone out...not minding me sitting in his car in a jumpsuit covered in mud, soaking wet... That is my idea of a gentleman.

Archived