Ian Brady - let him off himself or not?

What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?

• Keep him alive in Ashworth hospital
    • Let him starve to death in jail

Can't we just stick him in general population and let nature take its course? He won't starve to death I'm quite sure.

I read the reports about his ten-year hunger strike...

Apparently him wanting to starve himself to death involves a terribly ascetic regime, including eating toast, cup-a-soups, etc...

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 23:48 ----------

You didn't put the option to torture him slowly until he revealed where Keith Bennett is buried.

I don't know about torturing him, as that would make us as much the monsters as him.

However, I'd broker a deal with him, "Tell us where that poor little lad is, and as soon as his remains are recovered, and laid to rest beside his mother, you can do your starvation diet properly!"

You didn't put the option to torture him slowly until he revealed where Keith Bennett is buried.

Or the eternal life support system. That seems appropriate for one so evil.

Eternal life never looked so bad. Imagine spending forever contemplating what you've done.

I read the reports about his ten-year hunger strike...

Apparently him wanting to starve himself to death involves a terribly ascetic regime, including eating toast, cup-a-soups, etc...

---------- Post added 25-06-2013 at 23:48 ----------

I don't know about torturing him, as that would make us as much the monsters as him.

However, I'd broker a deal with him, "Tell us where that poor little lad is, and as soon as his remains are recovered, and laid to rest beside his mother, you can do your starvation diet properly!"

In some ways that it still giving in to him, and giving him the power. Why has he not revealed this info? Perhaps for something like this.

If the reports are true about Brady eating it seems hes still playing his sick game ,as long as Bennets body remains missing ,in his mind,Brady has committed the perfect murder, which reading about him was likely his intention and if not for the fact he tried to bring a third party into his scheme who knows how many more they would have gone on to kill,you can all vote and make your comments until the cows come home Brady will play his own game until the end and no amount of persuasion or promises will change his views,he may reveal all in his last moments or he may just laugh in the faces of those present.

I really couldn't care less what happens to him and I'm mildly annoyed to have to hear his name in the news again. What he thinks should have no relevance whatsoever and people should be able to not have to even consider his existence or hear his name again.

I really couldn't care less what happens to him and I'm mildly annoyed to have to hear his name in the news again. What he thinks should have no relevance whatsoever and people should be able to not have to even consider his existence or hear his name again.

You cant deny history if that where the case the history books would have no mention of any negative actions.

I agree.

Whether he goes to a regular prison (on the numbers) or stays in a secure hospital is irrelevant to me and should be decided in accordance with the law, taking into consideration his psychological state.

If people try to do the opposite of what he wants (without considering what is appropriate) 'just because he doesn't like that' then they are bringing themselves down to his level.

Archived