Ian Brady - let him off himself or not?

What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?

• Keep him alive in Ashworth hospital
    • Let him starve to death in jail

I'm not sympathising - I'm just pointing out that your claim that he's 'had a life of Riley' is obviously ludicrous.

Which it is.

He had has a life of Riley compared to what he should have got for the horrendous crimes he and her committed, and yes you are sympathising. Write a letter to one of the children' parents stating your views and see what type of reply you get back.

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 08:28 ----------

keep him alive, its not what he wants, that's punishment

I agree, here is a good Punishment, put him in a cell the with the murdered children's mothers.

I really couldn't care less what happens to him and I'm mildly annoyed to have to hear his name in the news again. What he thinks should have no relevance whatsoever and people should be able to not have to even consider his existence or hear his name again.

Agreed.

If the reports are true about Brady eating it seems hes still playing his sick game ,as long as Bennets body remains missing ,in his mind,Brady has committed the perfect murder, which reading about him was likely his intention and if not for the fact he tried to bring a third party into his scheme who knows how many more they would have gone on to kill,you can all vote and make your comments until the cows come home Brady will play his own game until the end and no amount of persuasion or promises will change his views,he may reveal all in his last moments or he may just laugh in the faces of those present.

Bennet is a tool he uses continuously. The media continue to play his game by reporting his game. He's a coward. If his wishes were granted he'd soon change his tune. He knows those wishes won't so plays "keep me in the limelight"..Bennet is all he has left of his miserable existence. So again I agree..it's all just a game.

I don't think he would off himself.

He's a nasty manipulative individual.

Whether he stays in hospital or is returned to prison, perhaps the best thing to do would be to ignore him.

He seems to thrive on publicity (and the odd slice of toast.) Give him the toast, but forget about the publicity.

Agreed.

Bennet is a tool he uses continuously. The media continue to play his game by reporting his game. He's a coward. If his wishes were granted he'd soon change his tune. He knows those wishes won't so plays "keep me in the limelight"..Bennet is all he has left of his miserable existence. So again I agree..it's all just a game.

Totally agree. We just have to go by the letter of the law on this one. We'd get totally bogged down if not, which would ultimately end up playing his game.

- Want to punish him? - Keep him alive.

- Want see the end of the vile creature? - Let him die (although I agree, he won't go through with it)

- Don't want to waste £thousands more keeping him going, keeping the courts busy - Let him die

- Don't want to give him any more publicity - do whatever the law tells us depending on his psychiatric assessment.

To be honest, parts of me wants to see all of these outcomes, but that's not possible, so there's only one way to go - follow the law as it would apply to anyone else.

The sooner he goes of natural causes, the better of course.

He shouldn't have the choice. I voted Keep him alive.

cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind!

Let him die-we are paying a lot of money to keep him, that money could be used to help families of murder victims, or to pay for more forensics, police etc. Its totally ridiculous to spend money and time punishing him.

keep him alive, its not what he wants, that's punishment

You cant punish Brady, whichever option is chosen Brady wins, all this hoo hah about him wanting to die is still his game,if they keep him in Ashworth he will still continue playing his mind games ,if they move him he's proven he's not insane which by his actions he obviously his.If they move him I wouldnt be surprised if he sues and goes to the ECHR in objection to have been certified insane for so long,as long as hes certified insane he's locked up ,period,if he's moved and recognized as not insane he's eligible for parole,I dont think he was given a tariff,ok he's never going to get parole but its another part of the game to him.

Archived