Ian Brady - let him off himself or not?

What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?

• Keep him alive in Ashworth hospital
    • Let him starve to death in jail

I take it you've never visited a high security mental institution then.

I take it you have ,so maybe you could enlighten me about an institution

that panders to the sadistic nature of a perverted killer, who would rather spend the rest of his life laughing with contempt at various professionals over the years, trying to engage him in rehabilitation. or how He controls his environment and methods of communication, which allow his depraved love of attention and gratification for his crimes, to take precedence and even grow.

don't you think there's Something wrong with a system that panders to that side of him halibut?,

Psychologically i would guess, he is probably more powerful than ever, his studying of the subject simply aided him to become even more adept and attuned to further devious manipulation of the power structures and mental health authorities involved with him.

You cant punish Brady, whichever option is chosen Brady wins, all this hoo hah about him wanting to die is still his game,if they keep him in Ashworth he will still continue playing his mind games ,if they move him he's proven he's not insane which by his actions he obviously his.If they move him I wouldnt be surprised if he sues and goes to the ECHR in objection to have been certified insane for so long,as long as hes certified insane he's locked up ,period,if he's moved and recognized as not insane he's eligible for parole,I dont think he was given a tariff,ok he's never going to get parole but its another part of the game to him.

Not quite. If he's moved and recognised as not being insane he might be eligible to be considered for parole.

What do you reckon would be the chances of the parole board approving his request?

Brady & Hindley were fortunate when they were caught 65, as the Death Penalty was put on hold until it's abolishment in 1969, as I said a few weeks ago they should have waived the ban and hung the pair of them there and then.

All this media publicity is just doing what he wants to be in the limelight, just let the git die and have done with him, even better still let him die horribly. What those 2 did to children and parents goes beyond the pale, and they deserved to die at the time of capture.

The more I read about brady, the more I'm convinced liberalism is a fetish - a condition whereby people admire, certain killers, religious extremists and others of their choosing. brady and Hindleyl should have been executed Those two were sadistic evil people.And the nonsense that people like halbut spout it is just some weird kind of fetish ..

didn't Saville use to visit Hindley in jail?:huh:

brady and Hindleyl should have been executed Those two were sadistic evil people.

Surely that depends on whether you believe an immediate termination of a life is a harder punishment than being forced to live without freedom to do as you wish until the day you die of natural causes, even to the point of being prevented from ending your own life.

I take it you have ,so maybe you could enlighten me about an institution

that panders to the sadistic nature of a perverted killer,

In what way are you claiming the institution panders to his sadistic nature?

how He controls his environment and methods of communication, which allow his depraved love of attention and gratification for his crimes, to take precedence and even grow.

In what way are you claiming he 'controls his environment and methods of communication'?

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

don't you think there's Something wrong with a system that panders to that side of him halibut?,

I don't accept that it does - it's just an absurd unsubstantiated claim that you've made with no evidence.

Psychologically i would guess, he is probably more powerful than ever, his studying of the subject simply aided him to become even more adept and attuned to further devious manipulation of the power structures and mental health authorities involved with him.

What subject? Again, it appears you haven't a clue what you're on about.

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 16:02 ----------

The more I read about brady, the more I'm convinced liberalism is a fetish - a condition whereby people admire, certain killers, religious extremists and others of their choosing. brady and Hindleyl should have been executed Those two were sadistic evil people.And the nonsense that people like halbut spout it is just some weird kind of fetish ..

didn't Saville use to visit Hindley in jail?:huh:

The only concrete points I have made on this thread are

a) that I think Brady should remain in Ashworth

b) that a poster saying Brady had a 'life of Riley' inside was talking nonsense.

Do you disagree with either of these?

In what way are you claiming the institution panders to his sadistic nature?

In what way are you claiming he 'controls his environment and methods of communication'?

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't accept that it does - it's just an absurd unsubstantiated claim that you've made with no evidence.

What subject? Again, it appears you haven't a clue what you're on about.

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 16:02 ----------

The only concrete points I have made on this thread are

a) that I think Brady should remain in Ashworth

b) that a poster saying Brady had a 'life of Riley' inside was talking nonsense.

Do you disagree with either of these?

have you actually read anything about brady or hindley apart from tabaloid drivel halibut .

what about some evidence to prove my claims are wrong.:suspect:

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 15:35 ----------

Surely that depends on whether you believe an immediate termination of a life is a harder punishment than being forced to live without freedom to do as you wish until the day you die of natural causes, even to the point of being prevented from ending your own life.

look at the cost of keeping that parasite alive for starters never mind debating wether you should torture him or kill him, theres obviously something wrong with our justice system ,I worked out of singapore a few years ago, In Singapore, murder is generally punishable by death and rapists face a maximum 20 years behind bars with at least 12 permanently scarring strokes of the cane.

Whatever your views on capital punishment, it's obvious the Singapore government doesn't pussyfoot around on such serious and abhorrent crimes.

The result is the nation - which has a population roughly 5 million -yet boasts one of the lowest crime rates in the world, with just 11 murders in 2012, a 20-year low according to the Singapore Police Force. I always felt safe night or day all the time I was there.

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 15:46 ----------

Nietzsche had the perfect phrase for the likes of halibut: "the vulgar ambition of generous feeling". What the whole liberal intelligentsia are doing is saying "look at me! Look how generous spirited I am! I even understand and thus forgive brady,a child torturer".

most normal people understand, that evil exists and cannot be allowed to go unpunished in a civilised society.

look at the cost of keeping that parasite alive for starters never mind debating wether you should torture him or kill him,

Cost shouldn't be the primary consideration when deciding on a just and fitting punishment. If it was then we would scrap gaols to just have physical punishments and fines.

theres obviously something wrong with our justice system ,I worked out of singapore a few years ago, In Singapore, murder is generally punishable by death and rapists face a maximum 20 years behind bars with at least 12 permanently scarring strokes of the cane.

Whatever your views on capital punishment, it's obvious the Singapore government doesn't pussyfoot around on such serious and abhorrent crimes.

What is the punishment for chewing gum? Or swearing in public?

The result is the nation - which has a population roughly 5 million -yet boasts one of the lowest crime rates in the world, with just 11 murders in 2012, a 20-year low according to the Singapore Police Force. I always felt safe night or day all the time I was there.

There's a few other advantages the Singaporean authorities have, like a very strict ID system, so they know who everyone in the country is. Or like it being tiny, so there's very few places people can go and hide, plus it's difficult to be alone and unseen when committing a crime.

I agree, when I've been there I've always felt safe, but I've also never felt alone there.

Brady & Hindley were fortunate when they were caught 65, as the Death Penalty was put on hold until it's abolishment in 1969, as I said a few weeks ago they should have waived the ban and hung the pair of them there and then.

All this media publicity is just doing what he wants to be in the limelight, just let the git die and have done with him, even better still let him die horribly. What those 2 did to children and parents goes beyond the pale, and they deserved to die at the time of capture.

As I understood it, the evil pair went on trial only two weeks after the DP was abolished, and therefore escaped the noose.

Part of me does think that it is a pity that they didn't swing for what they did, and that part of me thinks "Well they committed their crimes at a time when the DP was in place, so surely they should have gone to the Gallows,

The other part of me, thinks that, as much as they deserved it, and and as much as the families of the victims might have wanted to see them swing, using the DP lowers us to the level of the murderers.

It's true, if they had swung, then Brady would not have been around to play the games he is playing with the judicial system, and, more importantly, with the families of the children they murdered. However, had they been given the DP, the downside would have been that the police would never have recovered the body of Pauline Reade in 1986, meaning that her family would not have gained a measure of closure. it is saddening that Keith Bennett's family have not been able to retrieve his body from the moors. It goes beyond tragedy that Brady was allowed to play his games with Winnie Johnson and her family, to the last, adding to their distress that they could not lay him to rest with her when she passed away.

It may be playing into the *insert favourite expletive here*'s hands but as I said above, could they not broker a deal with the monster, that "Ok, we will allow you to carry out your hunger strike to the bitter end, gladly, but you will only be given that permission once you have revealed the whereabouts of that lad's body, and once he is safely retrieved and buried."

Some of the power still remains in his evil hands, as he would get his wish. Nevertheless, he has to reveal the location before he can get his wish, which I feel puts the majority of the power back in the authorities' hands, as he has to comply with the authorities' wishes to get HIS way.

and of course, if he reveals the whereabouts, and the family of Keith Bennett finally get their hearts' desire in retrieving him, and reuniting him with his mother, Brady no longer needs to be given any of the oxygen of publicity/ notoriety again....

Except perhaps the awaited, short announcement, "Brady is now settled, nicely, on a spit, in Lucifer's living-room. Good riddance."

Eternal life never looked so bad. Imagine spending forever contemplating what you've done.

That's what I'm facing plus burning in hell fire if the christian god exists. ...and all I've done is lack belief in its existence! :(

Archived