Ian Brady - let him off himself or not?

What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with child murderer Ian Brady?

• Keep him alive in Ashworth hospital
    • Let him starve to death in jail

it must be terrible for the familys of the children they killed

but dont you think hes had the life off riley put him in a cell and ignore him the familys have suffered enough they should nhave hung him and har !!

As I said above, I don't think it's been exactly a "Life Of Riley", but it's certainly been more comfortable than he deserves.

Yes keep him alive and force him to have therapy.

Not sure if that was aimed at being sarcastic or not (meaning placing words in my mouth). It's difficult to see in text.

I agree he shouldn't choose the date or means of his death, I also don't see any point in his continued existence.

Experts say that the organs from one donor can save or help as many as 50 people.

More than 10,000 people in the UK currently need a transplant. Of these, 1000 each year - that's three a day - will die because there are not enough organs available.

His victims didn't have a choice and I don't think he should. I wouldn't waste much money on him though.

The second part of the post makes for an interesting discussion though - if you asked healthy people would they want Ian Brady's body parts if they became ill and required a part, would they accept one if it was offered from his body (if that knowledge was possible) - I bet most would say no.

Ask people who are at death's door whether they would, and I would guess, that they would be far less fussy who's parts they got.

Not sure if that was aimed at being sarcastic or not (meaning placing words in my mouth). It's difficult to see in text.

His victims didn't have a choice and I don't think he should. I wouldn't waste much money on him though.

The second part of the post makes for an interesting discussion though - if you asked healthy people would they want Ian Brady's body parts if they became ill and required a part, would they accept one if it was offered from his body (if that knowledge was possible) - I bet most would say no.

Ask people who are at death's door whether they would, and I would guess, that they would be far less fussy who's parts they got.

To me the only way criminals like Ian Brady can compensate society for the heinous crimes they commit is to help others in need of life changing organs. How many innocent lives and how much money could have been saved by harvesting his organs many years ago.

You didn't put the option to torture him slowly until he revealed where Keith Bennett is buried.

keith Bennets brother said keep him alive till he says where Keith is buried ,then let him die.i say let him suffer like them poor kds

listen to the adverts - gary gilmores eyes

listen to the adverts - gary gilmores eyes

that song came to my mind when the post was made about donor organs.

As someone else said, thankfully he's probably too old to be a donor, now.

The other factor putting me off the idea of receiving organs from Brady would be the complications from the medications he has been taking all these years fro his mental health problems.

Wouldn't they set up an adverse reaction in the recipient? I know as an Insulin Dependent diabetic, I can no longer carry out my wish to donate my organs when I pass,because of the high risk there would be a reaction to the organs in the person getting an organ from me.

that song came to my mind when the post was made about donor organs.

As someone else said, thankfully he's probably too old to be a donor, now.

The other factor putting me off the idea of receiving organs from Brady would be the complications from the medications he has been taking all these years fro his mental health problems.

Wouldn't they set up an adverse reaction in the recipient? I know as an Insulin Dependent diabetic, I can no longer carry out my wish to donate my organs when I pass,because of the high risk there would be a reaction to the organs in the person getting an organ from me.

when i saw the post i also thought about the age, medication and the fact hes been abusing his body with the years of so called hunger striking

when i saw the post i also thought about the age, medication and the fact hes been abusing his body with the years of so called hunger striking

My post was aimed more at what should have happened years ago just after his conviction, like as been said his organs are probably no longer viable for organ donation, but a close up study of the internal workings of his brain might help others with mental health problems. Cut him and study him, test drugs on him, use his body to benefit of others.

Donor suitability is based on medical and social history. Potential donors are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Very few illnesses prevent someone from being a donor. There is no age limit for donation. The general age limit for tissue donation is 80, with the age limit for corneal donation at 70. Though someone may not be able to donate blood, it does not always prevent the individual from donating organs and tissue.

The oldest solid organ donor ever recorded in the UK was 84. The oldest recorded cornea donor was 104.

As a 63 year old I remember what those two pieces of filth did to the children before killing them. Well remembering what the Police allowed into the public domain anyhow - there were many roumers around what Brady and Hindley actually did which are not fit for a public forum.

Recording the cries of the children while been tortured and killed are bad enough for me.

So - keep him alive for as long as possible, on his demise take him onto the moors and throw him into the heather, and let nature take it's course, worm and crow food.

Angel.

As I said above, I don't think it's been exactly a "Life Of Riley", but it's certainly been more comfortable than he deserves.

I can see why you feel that way (and a part of me agrees with you) but we live in a society which has laws and those laws should apply to everybody.

The worst punishment on offer under those laws is life imprisonment - and that's what he got.

I've never been in a 'secure hospital', but I suspect it's not a warm, pleasant and welcoming environment. No doubt he would have had a (deservedly) hard life in a prison - even 'on the numbers' but at his age now things might be different.

...Cut him and study him, test drugs on him, use his body to benefit of others.

AFAIK, Julius Mengele has been dead for quite a while now.

Do you have any potential candidates for the post of 'UK medical experimenter in chief?'

Does the job come with a blanket pardon for all crimes against humanity?

Archived