The Queen is getting her pay rise

The Queen works far harder and longer than you have or ever will. Maybe you should take note of her work ethic ;)

Utter nonsense.

---------- Post added 28-06-2013 at 18:23 ----------

Overall, the UK makes an enormous profit out of Crown Land. The land's income was given to the UK; in return, part of it is returned by the UK to the Crown as Sovereign Grant. None belongs to HM in her own right at all.

The sovereign is the sole owner of all UK land, nobody in this country owns land other than the sovereign, everybody else is a tenant, and the closest they can get to ownership is freehold tenure.

That figure is closer to the real inflation figure than the fraudulent 2.4% CPI figure.

Anything less than 5% is an effective cut. Most people of course, get less than 5% (or nothing).

She should get more because 38 mil isn't enough, even though she never spends it, oh! I forgot she is spending a million on her grandsons refurb, keep it the family. she should be looking towards kids who need life saving operations whose parents have arrange things like runs and such like to scrape money together, instead let it just sit in her bank account doing nowt apart from earning vast amounts of interest to add to the other billions, she could pay the countries deficit and not even miss it, now thats what I call a real Queen, looking after her country, it's completely ridiculous, dead billions just sat there, hey up liz share the wealth.:rant:

She should get more because 38 mil isn't enough, even though she never spends it, oh! I forgot she is spending a million on her grandsons refurb, keep it the family. she should be looking towards kids who need life saving operations whose parents have arrange things like runs and such like to scrape money together, instead let it just sit in her bank account doing nowt apart from earning vast amounts of interest to add to the other billions, she could pay the countries deficit and not even miss it, now thats what I call a real Queen, looking after her country, it's completely ridiculous, dead billions just sat there, hey up liz share the wealth.:rant:

I thought 'Life saving operations' were provided by the National Health Service and the NHS was free??

Why do they have to be abroad? Are the NHS not allowed to carry out certain operations?

Exactly certain operations not all, anyhow I'm saying billions of pounds just sat doing nowt and never will, this can't be right, it's madness! P.S, you pointed out just one of my points, there are plenty of causes this money could go to help, it's obscene and disgusting. Right I'm off to buy a lottery ticket and if I win the Jackpot I'm just going to put it in my bank account and when I walk in the Pub and my mates say get the round in I'm going to say get lost I've only got a Million quid and I'm just going to leave it there doing nowt, then I'll pick my WINDOW!:hihi:

The Queen works far harder and longer than you have or ever will. Maybe you should take note of her work ethic ;)

And at her age she should have put her feet up long ago. I can't imagine many people who, if they really thought about it, would want to change their reasonably ordinary life for hers. I wouldn't. I'd rather just pay my 53p. ;)http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/410917/The-Queen-gets-a-2million-pay-rise

Exactly certain operations not all, anyhow I'm saying billions of pounds just sat doing nowt and never will, this can't be right, it's madness! P.S, you pointed out just one of my points, there are plenty of causes this money could go to help, it's obscene and disgusting. Right I'm off to buy a lottery ticket and if I win the Jackpot I'm just going to put it in my bank account and when I walk in the Pub and my mates say get the round in I'm going to say get lost I've only got a Million quid and I'm just going to leave it there doing nowt, then I'll pick my WINDOW!:hihi:

Well, given that the NHS has been such a popular topic on this forum recently and that you introduced it into the (wildly inaccurate) thread about the Civil List (as others have pointed out, the Queen doesn't get a penny in salaries from the government) you can hardly complain if I pick up on that point.

Which operations is the NHS forbidden to perform and who is it who forbids the NHS to perform them?

I'm not looking for a detailed list; just a few examples to support your claim.

If I had a pound for every time I've heard somebody on this forum crow that 'We've got the Best National Health Service in the World!' (usually while knocking the health service of some other country) I'd have enough money to pay for a couple of years' BUPA Insurance.

If the NHS really is the best Health Service in the World, then - particularly as it's free - why would anybody want to raise money to pay to go elsewhere?

Archived