Should the Met be allowed to discriminate against whites?

Should the Met be allowed to discriminate against whites?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Met be allowed to discriminate against whites?

• Yes
    • No

one question for all those that are up in arms on this subject

would you feel happy or comfortable if ALL the police in this country, or 95% of em anyway were black, foriegners or muslim????

All the police in the countries in which I live are foreigners. Many are from different ethnic backgrounds to my own.

It doesn't worry me at all. Why should it?

This thread is an absolute sinkhole of idiocy.

If this is the best that the reactionaries and bigots can do Jessica I think you're right :mad:

quite honestly wouldnt care, infact Id somewhat expect it.

stating that somebody takes it up the arse? It sounds exactly like light hearted banter to me.

he'll be some highly strung "woe is me i'am black and gay and the whole world hates me" idiot who quite frankly more than likely just needs to man up, lighten up, and get on with it.

Have you ever visited Jamaica and seen how white Jamaicans live? They're not all down the beach jerking chicken, drinking Lilt and smoking ganja!

No, how does this minority group live? Are they all poor and do they complain all the time about being in the minority?

quite honestly wouldnt care, infact Id somewhat expect it.

stating that somebody takes it up the arse? It sounds exactly like light hearted banter to me.

he'll be some highly strung "woe is me i'am black and gay and the whole world hates me" idiot who quite frankly more than likely just needs to man up, lighten up, and get on with it.

Well after being heard by independent people who were in possession of the full facts (not just bigoted fools dragging their knuckles), Mr Maxwell won his case. So you're wrong.

Yea they should, but that article doesn't mention the public. It sounds more like banter between work colleagues.

still doesnt make it right, it makes the police sound like racist, homophobic right wing gits

not a good reputation to have, and we wonder why people from minority groups are under represented and reluctant to join?

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 16:08 ----------

All the police in the countries in which I live are foreigners. Many are from different ethnic backgrounds to my own.

It doesn't worry me at all. Why should it?

exactly, apart from britains, which is still predomently 95% white british? or whatever the figure actually is

Well after being heard by independent people who were in possession of the full facts (not just bigoted fools dragging their knuckles), Mr Maxwell won his case. So you're wrong.

I'm just going on what the article said, none of which sounded particuly appalling and traumatizing. If i get **** at work for being a fat greedy ****, I just take it for what it is - banter. Usually resulting in me swiftly giving it back.

I dont sit crying into my pillow at night.

exactly, apart from britains, which is still predomently 95% white british? or whatever the figure actually is

I think Rupert_Baehr was making the point that he is an ethnic minority in the country he is living in and doesn't mind the fact that the police force is made of people from a different ethnic group to his own.

No, how does this minority group live? Are they all poor and do they complain all the time about being in the minority?

Not at all because usually they already hold positions of power, authority and the money so if they don't like something they're in a position in influence change.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 16:26 ----------

I think Rupert_Baehr was making the point that he is an ethnic minority in the country he is living in and doesn't mind the fact that the police force is made of people from a different ethnic group to his own.

But that doesn't address mel's question. Ive already volunteered I'm an ethnic minority in this country and have no problem with white police officers, the question related to how the majority population would react if the police force were made up pre-dominantly of foreigners.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 16:28 ----------

I'm just going on what the article said, none of which sounded particuly appalling and traumatizing. If i get **** at work for being a fat greedy ****, I just take it for what it is - banter. Usually resulting in me swiftly giving it back.

But we already know many members of the British population react particularly negatively towards foreigners who voice opinions they don't like and do a lot more than cry in their pillows about it.

... because of instances of foreign doctors cocking up procedures and some having language problems these issues are being addressed because it's affected performance...

Be fair, BF.

There have been a few (in some cases catastrophic) failures attributable to lack of language skills, but those were where the doctor was working 'temporary' weekend shifts. (And AFAIR, in one case, it was a Doctor from Germany who spoke German as a second Language - English was a little further down the list.)

AFAIK all Doctors (and probably nurses too) wishing to work in the NHS are required to pass exams in English.

Aa I mentioned elsewhere a few days ago, I've met a lot of very highly skilled foreign (as in non-German) medical staff recently and they all speak very good German. I've no doubt that the 'foreign' staff working full-time in the NHS speak pretty good English, too.

But what we know about hierarchical institutions like the Army and Police is that those on the recieving end of verbal abuse are not able to give it back because if they did then they could face a disciplinary for being insubordinate or whatever.

And quite frankly Jamie it sounds like Mr Maxwell felt so dragged down by the abuse he was getting that he probably felt it was pointless giving it back.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 18:21 ----------

It means that some ethnic groups may be over represented doing other work, the NHS for instance might proportionally have more Black or Pakistani doctors because they don’t aspire to be police officers, it may mean some are over represented in criminality, it might means that they are over represented as waiters or shop keepers. Just because there is a diverse mix of people doesn’t mean the people from each group have the same career aspiration.

The best candidates are those that aspire to be police officers and meet the recruitment criteria, be they black or white.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 15:17 ----------

If I lived in Saudi Arabia it wouldn't bother me that the police force was 100% Muslims.

If I lived in Russia it wouldn’t bother me that the police force was 100% Russian.

If I live in China I wouldn’t be bother if the police force was 100% Chinese.

I live in Britain and it doesn’t bother me that the police force is made up of British people, their colour is irrelevant.

What you're ignoring Max is the fact that in countries like Russia and Saudi Arabia the populations maybe of one colour but that does not mean that their populations are the same.

Certain members of the populations are still persecuted for their religion, heritage, sexuality or gender.

Archived