Orange taking money out bank

[/color]Here's a web site for people who are having problems with France Telecom companies (Orange, EE, T-Mobile). I think it's genuine though I suppose you can never be 100% sure.

Looks genuine to me...so far my emails sent directly to their complaints department have been ignored as have my telephone calls requesting the matter be logged as a complaint..... will keep you posted!

• 1 month later...

a slightly different scenario, but I once had a standing order for my Internet account with AOL. linked to a credit card, and for four months after I'd cancelled the contract they continue to take payment, having had enough of repeatedly asking them to cancel my account. I got in touch with the card company, the reply was – the onus was on the receiving company to cancel the payments, as the cardholder. I had no authority whatsoever.

I resolved the matter by telling the card company that, if they wish to continue paying AOL they did so with their own money, not mine and I would refuse to pay their bills in future. This did trick, but I did get very nasty letter from the card company.

I have never and will never take out a standing order again.

hi all

am afraid i can't post anything very encouraging except that my story had a "happy" ending in that i got my money back.....eventually.

orange took about £300 out of my bank without my authorisation i.e i was on a monthly contract, had a dd but i hadn't used £300+ worth of charges.when i rang, orange never disputed that it was incorrect but repeatedly told me that it was ok as they would very kindly use that £300 to pay off future monthly payments! i repeatedly told them that that wasn't ok as i wasn't willing to give them money to get interest in their bank account for services that i hadn't used yet.time and again i was assured the money would be put back in my account by the next day...and it never was.i was refused to speak to a manager, they wouldn't give me the details of customer complaints.there was never a record or proof of previous phone calls. in the end i ended up in tears (this was after around 4 months of arguments) and happened to get the "right person" on the phone who finally sorted it within 24 hours.

looking back, i wish i had somehow found a postal address for customer complaints and sent a letter threatening them under the goods and services act and threatening legal action if they didn't refund my money within xx number of days.i'd have done it recorded delivery - that's what watchdog recommend you do.but i went down the phone calls route and wasted countless hours in arguments and upset.complete nightmare.good luck to you both

Either way: if the money was wrongly deducted, it must be replaced by the company.

If it resists, make a formal complaint by letter and keep a copy.

Maybe he's expecting an urgent text? I do an on call rota and for my week of duty I have my phone on all the time...24/7....

In which case it makes no different if Orange texts him in the middle of the night.

Archived