Nissan Almera Car Key won't Lock or Unlock

A couple of days ago my car key for Almera stopped from locking and unlocking my car. My initial thoughts was the battery would need replacing. After replacing the battery it still did'nt work. I was informed that I had to put the key in the ignition and turn it 6 times and than wait for the indicates to flash twice before the car can reset itself. I have tried this but to no success. Everything is working from the key (ie starting up, electric windows) but it won't lock or unlock the car! Can someone advice or help me in this matter and how much will it cost to fix the problem. Thanks.

A couple of days ago my car key for Almera stopped from locking and unlocking my car. My initial thoughts was the battery would need replacing. After replacing the battery it still did'nt work. I was informed that I had to put the key in the ignition and turn it 6 times and than wait for the indicates to flash twice before the car can reset itself. I have tried this but to no success. Everything is working from the key (ie starting up, electric windows) but it won't lock or unlock the car! Can someone advice or help me in this matter and how much will it cost to fix the problem. Thanks.

Put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition lights on but don't start the car, than with the doors shut press the door look button and if it does lock the doors than press the unlock button and it should be sorted.

I had a similar problem on an almera and it worked for me so worth a try...

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 01:58 ----------

Correct way to do it is here in this link= http://www.carkeyadvice.com/forum/showthread.php?5681-Nissan-Almera-2002-problems-with-unlocking-the-doors-with-fob!-advice-please

Hope this helps...

Archived