EDL's Tommy Robinson arrested..yet again!

And you took that article to say that Yaxley-Lennon & Carrol were arrested because someone else assaulted Carrol?

In a way, yes that's exactly why they were arrested, the Police were concerned that more people would get angry and attack the EDL guys if they were allowed to continue their walk. That's what they mean by public disorder.

The police should be protecting them as they protest, not preventing them from doing so.

If they are engaged in a peaceful protest, and others are going to attack them, the people who attack them should be arrested, not the protesters arrested as a pre-emptice measure.

all demonstrations and protest have police guidance and rules of how and where to walk for whatever reasons, normally to aid policing and avoiding troublesome spots

those 2 decided to disobey and got arrested

nothing more, nothing less

The EDL knew and courted the trouble too. The Walk of Death, they advertised it as.

However, I'm with flamingjimmy. Let them march, and let others protest. Attacking them isn't the answer, and it's a silly way of making Islam look peaceful too.

As much as I think Tommy Robinson is an idiot and his organisation is based mostly on ignorance and prejudice, he's got a point when he says:

"They're (police) saying it (Tower Hamlets) is a Muslim area but to me there is no Muslim area, there are just areas of my capital city that if I have to walk from A to B then you have to walk through."

And in any case, so what, even if they want to deliberately protest in a 'muslim area' then they should be allowed to.

In the ideal world I'd agree, but there is a fine line between protest and provocation and maybe this is something that we've learned from N Ireland that these sorts of provocative protests can only inflame the situation and divide communities.

The right to protest should always be maintained, but there shouldn't be any automatic right to carry that protest where ever people want to.

Fair enough, if that is what you want to believe. Of course most of us live in the real world and understand that the two people were not on a leisurely stroll and they where performing some sort of protest.

:hihi: Its not me that beieves that a God spoke to a man.

And it’s nothing to do with what I believe, its what is reported to have happened, a nutter, hit one of them so they were arrested, are you saying the article is incorrect.

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 14:24 ----------

all demonstrations and protest have police guidance and rules of how and where to walk for whatever reasons, normally to aid policing and avoiding troublesome spots

those 2 decided to disobey and got arrested

nothing more, nothing less

Not sure that two people could be described as a demonstration. :suspect:

Archived