Water constantly running into toilet bowl.

From the cistern.

I'm a pretty practical guy but i can't seem to find a remedy. Does it need a whole new unit ?

We rent btw so don't need quotes.

Cheers.

Oh that's right, break the toilet and then demand a whole new unit from your landlord eh? I'm going through a similar problem with some tenants from hell, see here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1190658

Oh that's right, break the toilet and then demand a whole new unit from your landlord eh? I'm going through a similar problem with some tenants from hell, see here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1190658

Can you read? He's merely asking for some advice

I've had a look at your other thread, I thought you were being serious at first

The flush valve thingy bit could be leaking, ours is doing it at the moment.

Is it a push button flush or a lever flush?

It's a lever type.

I've tried lifting the ballcock as high as it will go but it doesn't shut the flow off.

If it's the inlet valve that's leaking then usually the water level is higher than normal and it can part-submerge the float.

If it's the flush valve, the level will be normal.

One way to test is to turn off the water supply, flush, then re-fill (with a bucket of water prepared earlier!) and see if it still leaks.

If it's the inlet valve that's leaking then usually the water level is higher than normal and it can part-submerge the float.

If it's the flush valve, the level will be normal.

One way to test is to turn off the water supply, flush, then re-fill (with a bucket of water prepared earlier!) and see if it still leaks.

Thanks for that. I do believe it's the inlet valve, you can easily see water leaking in from it. It doesn't look serviceable but then again i'm no plumber.

Just trying to save the hassle and cost of a call out if i can fix it myself.

Archived