Does anyone else screw with the minds of the foreign call centres.

Answer telephone.

If this is a survet the charge for the survey will be £1 peer minute.

Please reply to the e-mail adddress stating the following.

1) How long the survey will be?

2)The name and address of the company that requires the survey?

3)How the cost of the survey will be paid?

4) How you will gaurantee payment for the survey?

5) At this point a password will be sent stating a famous SHEFFIELD landmark on receipt of the cheque payment.

6) on reply to this a time and day of when the survey will be arrange?

They totally had there mind screwed up.

I wouldn't mind if I could understand them, sometimes I've asked them a least three times to repeat themselves and in the end I've told them I cannot understand what they are saying and put the phone down.

At least you would think they would speak good English to get the job in the first place.

Answer telephone.

If this is a survet the charge for the survey will be £1 peer minute.

Please reply to the e-mail adddress stating the following.

1) How long the survey will be?

2)The name and address of the company that requires the survey?

3)How the cost of the survey will be paid?

4) How you will gaurantee payment for the survey?

5) At this point a password will be sent stating a famous SHEFFIELD landmark on receipt of the cheque payment.

6) on reply to this a time and day of when the survey will be arrange?

They totally had there mind screwed up.

I find Google Translate to be a wonderful piece of software. Unfortunately it doesn't do Gibberish to English. Just saying like.

I do this all the time, especially at work when cold-callers (based wherever) manage to get past my doberman...sorry, my secretary (I've found that, lately, many of them lie outright to get through, pretexting an earlier call from me or upcoming client meeting! :o)

On realising it's a cold call, I interrupt them (I'm an obnoxious bar steward at the best of times and actually enjoy being rude :twisted:) and tell them right away my hourly rate is £xyz per hour (very significantly higher than £1 ;)), and we accept credit card payments over the phone.

So, if they confirm how long the process will take and make the card payment first, I'll talk to them then (pro-rata) and will hang up on them when paid-up time is up.

They don't need so many words to understand what the alternative is :D

The problem of Asian call centre's are two fold in my mind. I cannot understand many of them due to the language difference - but they must have a nightmare trying to understand my broad Yorkshire. Simple remedy, bring all the call centre's into South Yorkshire - problem solved.:huh:

Angel.

Archived