Does anyone else screw with the minds of the foreign call centres.

I enjoy turning it around and trying to sell them things. Really random things. One hung up on me the other day when he realised I'd been trying to flog him half a dozen plastic toilet brushes for 5 minutes. It was when I introduced the phrase "u-bend like a Nutella factory" that he finally hung up. This guy wasn't foreign though; just an utterly disgusted Geordie in a call centre presumably in the North East.

Thanks for the great ideas....I need to practice some of these. I usually just get narked and tell them where to get off :)

I did get one who said they were following up on a call they made last year....so I asked them why they didn't have my name on their records and a few other awkward questions pretending that my memory was shot and I couldn't really remember what had happened previously...once I had all the information I needed from them to identify the company (they had called before and hung up when I told them they hadn't phoned me "last year") I then asked to speak to a manager and crucified them for cold calling someone on the telephone preference subscriber scheme...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived