Milestone - Is it failing?

Ms-Shapes

Not been for a long time so cannot comment on current state of play.

But I felt they lost their way post Ramsey...

Before him , the upstairs was quite an inventive fine dining place whilst you could get cheaper meals downstairs with a decent drink. Place was often rammed full.

After he performed his "magic" they lost the upmarket stuff and the whole place went kind of gastro pubbish...not expensive nor cheap enough...bit middle of the road and no longer enough of a draw to get me down that part of the city.

Had one or two mediocre experiences and not been back since...

Just to make one thing clear, the Milestone appeared on Ramseys best British restaurant NOT Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares, so he never did work his "magic".

Whenever I've been in the majority are diners with a few people at the bar who are awaiting tables, don't know of anybody who would just go there for a drink.

I think the place has maintained a good standard with some visits better than others.

We went twice before the Ramsey thing our first visit was good enjoyed the food and good wine and beer! Our second visit very different the wife was very poorly after our visit she had ordered the pork! I can't say for sure it was this but I had my suspicions never been back since.

Archived