Iquan al Muslimeen HQ attacked in Egypt

The get rid of the dictator/get the islamist/get rid of the islamist thing seems to have gone to double time in Egypt, thousands of Egyptian freedom seekers attacking the Muslim Brotherhoods HQ and setting it alight in the face of gunfire from islamists cowering inside.

This whole arab spring/islamist summer thing may end up with a freedom autumn after all.

Please learn about politics.

You cannot automatically apply democracy to some Muslim countries. There are too many factionating separatist groups. Most want to live by Shia law.

Controversially, Saddam Hussian brought stability to Iraq and the only way he did it to a country in civil war was to have an iron grip on his country. In fact the Americans helped him.

He built a government, roads, schools, sanitation, hospitals to a country that was on its knees and then ruled it like a mental dictator so he had to go.

We shouldnt assume that people want to live like us.

Please learn about politics.

You cannot automatically apply democracy to some Muslim countries. There are too many factionating separatist groups. Most want to live by Shia law.

Controversially, Saddam Hussian brought stability to Iraq and the only way he did it to a country in civil war was to have an iron grip on his country. In fact the Americans helped him.

He built a government, roads, schools, sanitation, hospitals to a country that was on its knees and then ruled it like a mental dictator so he had to go.

We shouldnt assume that people want to live like us.

I'm all for learning. Do they impose "Shia law" with "muslamic rayguns"?

Dont be childish.

It was a reasonable response to a very broad question.

It wasn't a question, broad or otherwise, just an observation of a factual event.

So "please learn about politics" followed by your fascinating insight into this "shia law" suggests arrogance and ignorance which are not good bedfellows.

Not trying to be funny but just don't call people on matters of fact if you yourself know nothing about the subject as it makes you look like a fool.

Nothing wrong with the logic used, and you can arguably use the same sort of logic to former African colonies who haven't kicked on since independence and some former Soviet states.

All this fine as long as you aren't in the minority group those in charge don't like.

The Muslim world world at the moment seem hell bent on killing each other.

Egypt is demonstrating that Islamic parties cannot enforce their rule on a modern society without oppressing people. Please give me an example of any Muslim state or country that has democracy and equality. Turkey was once cited as a flagship of secularism but it is coming undone.

It wasn't a question, broad or otherwise, just an observation of a factual event.

So "please learn about politics" followed by your fascinating insight into this "shia law" suggests arrogance and ignorance which are not good bedfellows.

Not trying to be funny but just don't call people on matters of fact if you yourself know nothing about the subject as it makes you look like a fool.

Dude.....sorry if i offended you. I think we have the same veiws.

I just vented

The get rid of the dictator/get the islamist/get rid of the islamist thing seems to have gone to double time in Egypt, thousands of Egyptian freedom seekers attacking the Muslim Brotherhoods HQ and setting it alight in the face of gunfire from islamists cowering inside.

This whole arab spring/islamist summer thing may end up with a freedom autumn after all.

I think the problem they have, that we don't have, is that the opposing political sides are a long way apart from each other on how they want to run the country, and neither side can tolerate the other side so civil war becomes inevitable, with the winning side ruling over the loosing side. In the UK our political parties are that close together in what they do, that we don't find it too difficult living with a political party that we don't really want.

Could you imagine the unrest in the UK if the election government closed all the shops on Sunday and forced everyone to go to Church, I don't think people would wait five years to kick them out of office.

---------- Post added 01-07-2013 at 07:51 ----------

Dont be childish.

It was a reasonable response to a very broad question.

I thought your response was also reasonable.

Archived