Iquan al Muslimeen HQ attacked in Egypt

You have a point there. Islamic governments don't want to look after the interests of the population. They want to look after the interests of Islam and impose it on the entire population. So governance is not about letting everyone enjoy their human rights, it is about imposing Islam, Islamic law, Islamic dress & Islamic practices on everyone regardless of whether they want it or not, and restricting their rights to their chosen freedoms at the same time.

The surprising thing is that their God apparently gave everyone free will. They don't appear to enjoy much of that, although some on here would have us believe women choose to be abused and choose to cover head to toe and choose not to be educated. :suspect:

:thumbsup:

Thats why I don't hyperventilate about the 'spread of Islam'-people with Westernised influences will only tolerate so much fundamentalism.

The normal Egyptian Muslim is voting with his feet (and his Doc Martens) and giving the Muslim Brotherhood a proper (deserved) kicking. Hopefully the politicians in this wonderful country will take the right path without the threatened military intervention coming to pass.

That dispels the myth of peaceful moderacy then ..well done BF youre a star

That dispels the myth of peaceful moderacy then ..well done BF youre a star

Every dog has it's day Glam and I'm sure you'd be joining me in direct action if the Muslim Brotherhood ever tried to impose their will on the UK :)

Every dog has it's day Glam and I'm sure you'd be joining me in direct action if the Muslim Brotherhood ever tried to impose their will on the UK :)

Well the apologists would certainly find out just who they chose as friends.."It wasnt me mate Im not a muslim but I stood up fot you against that nasty Glamrocker"..."Infidel dog off with his head"..You see even though the apologists stand their corner on here muslims still class them as infidels and your muslim brotherhood would treat them as such.

Either way, there was an election and it seems to have more or less fairly-run.

So the electorate are lumbered with the person whom the majority elected.

Why the riots, then?

Because the opposition vote was split during the elections. The run off vote between the final two candidates ended up being between Morsi and someone from the old regime. Morsi got in by promising consensus but has not so much failed to deliver it as done the exact opposite. Not just policies by the way but defining the new constitution of the country - so allowing him to continue would have bigger implications for the country that just the policies of a one term government. You can't really decide the constitution of a country in a partisan manner and expect everyone to agree to it.

Some analysis in the Guardian

Morsi insisted he would reach out to all political factions and heal Egypt at this turbulent time; he promised consensus not partisanship, a constitution that would reflect the national will and not the private interests of the Brotherhood, a revolutionary pursuit of social justice and an end to state violence against its citizens.

It was those promises that handed him the presidency: millions reluctantly gave Morsi their vote because they believed in his commitment to the revolution. He failed on every measure, and now – despite the cries of those who believe democracy involves nothing more than a single ballot twice a decade – many Egyptians are unwilling to hang around for another three years to hold him to account and get their revolution back on track.

Well the apologists would certainly find out just who they chose as friends.."It wasnt me mate Im not a muslim but I stood up fot you against that nasty Glamrocker"..."Infidel dog off with his head"..You see even though the apologists stand their corner on here muslims still class them as infidels and your muslim brotherhood would treat them as such.

Did you read my post Glamrocker? :confused:

There do seem to have been some appalling rapes in Tahir Square by some of the protestors which just seems mind boggling as to why nobody stopped them. What is wrong with these people that they can vote islamist, then oppose islamist and stand and watch young women being raped without stopping it.

Have none of them decency?

There do seem to have been some appalling rapes in Tahir Square by some of the protestors which just seems mind boggling as to why nobody stopped them. What is wrong with these people that they can vote islamist, then oppose islamist and stand and watch young women being raped without stopping it.

Have none of them decency?

I contributed to a thread earlier about two sisters shot for dancing and a girl sentenced to death for being raped. Hardly anyone else posted on it before I left for work, and now it seems to have disappeared altogether. Young women's lives don't seem to matter much when it's a question of keeping the good rep of Islam intact?

Apparently the judge and rapists in the second case were affronted and incensed that the girl and her family had made a complaint at all. She should have gone home and kept quiet. Obviously the same applies on here?

Archived