Pub + food in Walkley / Crookes area ?

blue-kat

Hi

any recommendation for nice pubs in Walkley or Crookes area for a weekday family lunch ?

we're not bothered about booze, but looking for more relaxed atmoshere than a restaurant.

nice simple nosh, but not posh places that object if the kids just want to order chips.

Grindstone is very simple in terms of what it offers and has a decent range in terms of types of meal - although it isn't the greatest. It used to be busy as anything in there but now is quite quietmost of the time. There aren't loads of places in Crookes/Walkley that are good for food... I can't think of anywhere in the area that is very kid-friendly but I could be wrong.

You could try The Place in Broomhill or another pub further up Fulwood Road, both are friendly, decent food and there should be no problem with kids during the day.

Nah, I went to The Place with my family, including 2 young children, and we weren't allowed in. No kids allowed apparently!

The Hadfield is a brilliant, child-friendly (they even have a tuck shop!) pub. And the food is absolutely delicious, big portions, and very reasonably priced.

I love that place!:love:

I think you take the mock! By child friendly I assume you mean the students........the sign on the door clearly states over 18's.

I think you take the mock! By child friendly I assume you mean the students........the sign on the door clearly states over 18's.

Errr no, I do not "take the mock". Can't believe I missed that sign though! So that must mean that the tuck shop that sells dib dabs, laces, lollies and penny sweets is for the students! Hahaha!!!:hihi: :hihi: Class! Ah well, it might not be child friendly then, but its still bloody brilliant!

which Hadfield are you thinking of?

the Hadfield on Barber Rd?

we were planning to go tonight, just phoned to check and they aren't child-friendly at all.

no under 18s.

:confused:

The Hadfield is a brilliant, child-friendly (they even have a tuck shop!) pub. And the food is absolutely delicious, big portions, and very reasonably priced.

I love that place!:love:

Archived