Restaurant Required!

diskoheaven

My parents are coming down next wednesday to take me out for a meal for my birthday in the evening, I coul dod with a few recoomendations as I don't eat in proper restaurants very often!

It needs to be in rither Crookes, town, or Eccy road, not any further out than any of these places, and easy to get to as my dad will be driving, so he doesn't know the roads well, and neither do I really as a non-driver, my directions are crap!

Reasonably priced but not too expensive, good choice of food and ideally english or italian, as neither me or my mum are big fans of spicy food.

Thanks very much! :D

Martinis on London Road is pretty excellent.

We had a meet there about a fortnight last Friday ago, very good service, reasonable prices and top class Italian grub, it's just round the corner from Eccy Road as well opposite Highfields Library.

Spinroc's in Crookes does pretty good tapas, Nonna's on Eccy Road is brilliant for Italian food although the service can be a bit surly, 543 on Eccy Road is very good modern British/European, Thyme Cafe in Broomhill is good modern British/European, in town both The Wig and Pen and Boho on Campo Lane are good - modern british/European. Artisan (which used to be Thyme) in Crosspool is really good - you guessed it modern British/European None of the above are mega cheap (around £25-£35 a head including drinks) but they are good. I have to eat out a lot for my job and I reckon these are the best places in Sheffield by a country mile.

we were gonna go to thyme cafe last night but heard very average reports, plus you cant book so it may mean going early or queuing. cassanovas in crookes is really nice since it was refurb'ed, and relatively cheap. spinroc's is good tapas, went there for the first time last night - it was relaxed, resonably priced and very edible. BBs on division street is a pretty good italian, with bring-your-own drinks. x

Archived