Speeding fine & New Drivers Act

I have 3 points on my licence for speeding from 18 months ago - it was on a 125cc bike, on a provisional licence.

I passed my car test in March 2012 - a couple of weeks ago, I got an NIP through the post, saying I was clocked at 61mph, through temporary roadworks on the M1.

Due to the new drivers act, I will have my licence revoked if I get 3 points for this speeding fine. This means then getting a new provisional licence, and doing my test again.

Is it worth taking it to court, and pleading mitigation (I didnt see any temp speed limit signs) hoping for either a bigger fine, or short ban instead or the 3 points ?

Temporary road works on a motorway, ALWAYS have speed cameras within them. Easy target, no one slows down with being a motorway. You know for next time.

I would seek professional help, get the advice of a solicitor.

mitigation = driving with undue care and attention if you didn't see the signs

not really a winning argument.

take it on the chin and redo the test. you have been caught speeding twice in 18 months. based upon that you really need some more training.

mitigation = driving with undue care and attention if you didn't see the signs

not really a winning argument.

take it on the chin and redo the test. you have been caught speeding twice in 18 months. based upon that you really need some more training.

This ^^^

Sounds like you're not cut out to be in charge of a vehicle.

This ^^^

Sounds like you're not cut out to be in charge of a vehicle.

I genuinely did not see any temp speed limit signs.

As for the first speeding fine, that was the sneaky camera on the bend out at grenoside - one minute its 40mph, go round the bend and its 30mph...

In over 20 years of having bikes, that was my first ever speeding ticket...

And before anyone points out the obvious - I had my licence taken away a few years ago due to health reasons. Only managed to get a provisional back about 3 years ago after drs reports etc..

Darkman, is that the sneaky camera that has the warning signs saying its there about 200 yards before it?

Sorry mate. from your two posts it sounds like you aint spotted speed cam warning signs on two occasions. stop digging. the hole is deep enough.

Darkman, is that the sneaky camera that has the warning signs saying its there about 200 yards before it?

Sorry mate. from your two posts it sounds like you aint spotted speed cam warning signs on two occasions. stop digging. the hole is deep enough.

Maybe I should spend more time looking up in the air for signs, than actually looking at the road then :D

if you want to avoid the fines then yes.

thats what the rest of us have to do.

Great defence for when you hit someone, because you are too busy looking up for signs..

"Sorry mate, I didnt see you"

Sorry, couldnt help that, its the biker in me

Archived