Speeding fine & New Drivers Act

People just get annoyed when a biker goes past them down the middle of a traffic queue, straight to the front......and yes, its perfectly legal :D

Youre having a laugh i would say 9 out of 10 break the center line

I genuinely did not see any temp speed limit signs.

As for the first speeding fine, that was the sneaky camera on the bend out at grenoside - one minute its 40mph, go round the bend and its 30mph...

In over 20 years of having bikes, that was my first ever speeding ticket...

And before anyone points out the obvious - I had my licence taken away a few years ago due to health reasons. Only managed to get a provisional back about 3 years ago after drs reports etc..

Does that make you a new driver then? If you have already had a full licence that was revoked for medical reasons then does this law apply to you?

The law states that...

"(2)For the purposes of this Act, a person becomes a qualified driver on the first occasion on which he passes—"

Since this is not your first occasion of passing (since you previously held a full car licence even if it was revoked) then I would suspect this law shouldn't affect you. That doesnt mean that it won't affect you, DVLA et al being what they are...

Get legal advice. It'll be a worthy investment to spend a half hour fee on a qualified legal beagle...

Oh and watch out for speed limit signs in future :)

Does that make you a new driver then? If you have already had a full licence that was revoked for medical reasons then does this law apply to you?

The law states that...

"(2)For the purposes of this Act, a person becomes a qualified driver on the first occasion on which he passes—"

Since this is not your first occasion of passing (since you previously held a full car licence even if it was revoked) then I would suspect this law shouldn't affect you. That doesnt mean that it won't affect you, DVLA et al being what they are...

Get legal advice. It'll be a worthy investment to spend a half hour fee on a qualified legal beagle...

Oh and watch out for speed limit signs in future :)

Sorry to say, they DO class me as a new driver. Spent ages on the phone with them today....

Sorry to say, they DO class me as a new driver. Spent ages on the phone with them today....

That seems directly counter to the spirit and letter of the law.... I'd really want to discuss with a solictitor who does motor law. Have you tries asking over at pepipoo yet?

...and funny as hell. It's the ony time I get to enjoy traffic jams. I'm in a car 9 out of 10 times and does my head in.

funnier still when i join a queue of traffic and some guy on a scooter or moped is sat waiting at the back of the queue :hihi:

That seems directly counter to the spirit and letter of the law.... I'd really want to discuss with a solictitor who does motor law. Have you tries asking over at pepipoo yet?

Waiting for a reply from a solicitor that deals with motoring law...

I mean where there are 2 lines of traffic heading in the same direction, sat waiting at the lights - thats legal....

For example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQoIpyFIBbE

Its raining heavily and they are riding at speed dodging traffic ,I would say at least dangerous driving or driving without due care....shot yourself in the foot there mate with that example.

Archived