Speeding fine & New Drivers Act

Yeah yeah, whatever you say...

Whatever happened to innocent till proved guilty ?

Must be hard being soooo perfect :hihi:

I think that you are a little bit confused as when have I claimed to be so perfect? Though, when I do make a mistake, at least I have the guts to hold my hand I and say I was wrong and face the consequences rather than act like a weasel.

Anyway, I thought that you were sure that you didn't see any speed signs when you were driving?

Yeah yeah, whatever you say...

Whatever happened to innocent till proved guilty ?

Must be hard being soooo perfect :hihi:

I thought that was the purpose of the speed cameras,you see the evidence you either agree or disagree , you agree you pay the fine ,take the points and admit guilt,you disagree you object go to court and fight your case,you win you are innocent ,you lose you pay your fine,get your points and have a conviction,if you werent there as you claim you will get off,if you try that defence and its proveb you were there you will probably find your fine doubled and maybe your points...oh and you will have a big court costs bill..you'll maybe think first next time when youre in and out of traffic upsetting real, careful drivers.

I know the OP, and he is a very safe driver, doesnt go round speeding or acting like a moron. I also go to where he works, and he has given me a lift home plenty of times so I know his route, and it certainly isnt anywhere near the motorway.

I just wish that I had been there on this particular night, then I could have been a witness.

I know the OP, and he is a very safe driver, doesnt go round speeding or acting like a moron. I also go to where he works, and he has given me a lift home plenty of times so I know his route, and it certainly isnt anywhere near the motorway.

I just wish that I had been there on this particular night, then I could have been a witness.

1. He's been caught speeding twice, both times he's failed to notice signs informing road users of a change to the speed limit.

2. He's admitted to being on the motorway where this second offence took place.

A friend you may be, but you're one that turned up with another shovel and digging the hole further.

1. He's been caught speeding twice, both times he's failed to notice signs informing road users of a change to the speed limit.

2. He's admitted to being on the motorway where this second offence took place.

A friend you may be, but you're one that turned up with another shovel and digging the hole further.

In regard to the first 2 points - after checking the date & time, he knows he wasnt there, he does spend a fair amount of time on motorways, so easy mistake to make I suppose.

And how am I digging the hole further, he's a mate, he says he wasnt there, why shouldnt I believe him ?

In regard to the first 2 points - after checking the date & time, he knows he wasnt there, he does spend a fair amount of time on motorways, so easy mistake to make I suppose.

And how am I digging the hole further, he's a mate, he says he wasnt there, why shouldnt I believe him ?

If he "knows he wasn't there" then he will have to appeal and/or take it to Court and defend it accordingly.

Your friend is assuming of course that the system has made a mistake and when SYP produce the still image at the review obviously it wont be his vehicle or him driving and the SYP and/or a Court will throw out the alleged offences.

Simple init.

If he now "knows he wasn't there" there is clearly nothing to worry about and if he "wasn't there" SYP cant possibly have an image showing him or his car on the said photo.

.......unless of cause the OP is talking crap and just trying to find a way to wriggle out of it.

The proof will be in the still image recorded from the system. Please do let us all know how they get on.

If he "knows he wasn't there" then he will have to appeal and/or take it to Court and defend it accordingly.

Your friend is assuming of course that the system has made a mistake and when SYP produce the still image at the review obviously it wont be his vehicle or him driving and the SYP and/or a Court will throw out the alleged offences.

Simple init.

If he now "knows he wasn't there" there is clearly nothing to worry about and if he "wasn't there" SYP cant possibly have an image showing him or his car on the said photo.

.......unless of cause the OP is talking crap and just trying to find a way to wriggle out of it.

The proof will be in the still image recorded from the system. Please do let us all know how they get on.

Thats correct just question the standing fine and photographic evidence will be automatically forwarded to him.

Thats what I have advised him to do...

Well its very bad advice,the only things to be done at this stage would be to return the nip within 28 days or thats 6 points. You can ask for a photo to aid identify the driver but they dont have to supply anything until its definatly said to be going to court which if the OP ignores the truley dangerously inaccurate advice given here,he will end up doing a course with no points no courts,simple.

but listen to some of you idiots who know sod all he will end up with a far more serious outcome leading to retaking the test and a massive fine.

I thought that was the purpose of the speed cameras,you see the evidence you either agree or disagree , you agree you pay the fine ,take the points and admit guilt,you disagree you object go to court and fight your case,you win you are innocent ,you lose you pay your fine,get your points and have a conviction,if you werent there as you claim you will get off,if you try that defence and its proveb you were there you will probably find your fine doubled and maybe your points...oh and you will have a big court costs bill..you'll maybe think first next time when youre in and out of traffic upsetting real, careful drivers.

'Conviction' is 'the act or process of finding a person guilty of a crime'.

Speeding is an offence under the Road Traffic Act, but it is not a criminal offence, does not lead to a conviction and does not get you a criminal record.

Archived