Presumed Consent for Organ Donation

Presumed Donation, a good thing?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Presumed Donation, a good thing?

• Yes, it's a good idea
    • No, I'd rather opt in

You appear to have confused yourself somewhat. As you can see, we were discussing how a decision or lack of decision can be described as selfish.

You're trying to turn it into an argument about duty and right & wrong. Your response doesn't change the fact that consciously deciding to withhold your organs after death for no other reason than preference meets the definition of selfish.

I'm not arguing what's right or wrong at all.

Yes it may well meet the definition of selfish but i'm arguing that it is not for selfish reasons that a person will arrive at the decision to have all their organs remain with them.

You're alive, you go through life doing things you want to do mixed in with some you don't. You work and you have fun, you have friends and family that you help when you can if you can. At the end of it all you die. That's pretty much it.

Millions die prematurely and that's the way it is, it's sad and unfair.

You're lying in a hospital bed dying. You know the only hope of survival is that another human dies and you get the organ you need and you pray every night that you get lucky. Is that selfish?

Yes it may well meet the definition of selfish but i'm arguing that it is not for selfish reasons that a person will arrive at the decision to have all their organs remain with them.

You seem to think that I'm of the opinion that if people don't want to donate then they are selfish, that there are no other reasons for their decision.

I'm not, you can see quite clearly here...

You appear to have confused yourself somewhat. As you can see, we were discussing how a decision or lack of decision can be described as selfish.

You're trying to turn it into an argument about duty and right & wrong. Your response doesn't change the fact that consciously deciding to withhold your organs after death for no other reason than preference meets the definition of selfish.

I'm not arguing what's right or wrong at all.

You seem to think that I'm of the opinion that if people don't want to donate then they are selfish, that there are no other reasons for their decision.

I'm not, you can see quite clearly here...

I'm not confused i'm merely answering the questions you pose as best I can. Any references that point to you as an individual are unintentional as I use the word loosely.

Archived