Presumed Consent for Organ Donation

Presumed Donation, a good thing?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Presumed Donation, a good thing?

• Yes, it's a good idea
    • No, I'd rather opt in

I have no particular desire to help anyone when I die.

Kind of speaks for itself.

I will be opting out. No I don't want my organs used to help anyone and I do not wish to have anyone else's. I have my own personal reasons for this and I don't expect a lot agree with me. Yesterday I saw in a paper that soon head transplants will be able to be carried out. Wrong in my opinion.

And you have every right so to do. That is why there must always be an opt out clause.

Kind of speaks for itself.

No it kind of doesn't, all it means is that i'm not living my life waiting to die so that I can help someone to live.

If you or others want to dwell on the satisfaction of knowing what your body parts might achieve after your dead go ahead

I've got a donor card, but if they bring in presumed consent I'll be opting out.

I'm not fussed about donating my organs if we have an NHS, and healthcare is free for all. But the way things are going I'm not sure if we will have an NHS, and I don't want anybody profiting off of my organs.

I think we need to extend the NHS and provide free optical and dental care to all.

No it kind of doesn't, all it means is that i'm not living my life waiting to die so that I can help someone to live.

If you or others want to dwell on the satisfaction of knowing what your body parts might achieve after your dead go ahead

I'm not dwelling on anything, I'm just altruistic enough to be willing to help someone after I have passed away, without the need for me to be around and reap the accolades.

I'm not dwelling on anything, I'm just altruistic enough to be willing to help someone after I have passed away, without the need for me to be around and reap the accolades.

I'm happy to die knowing that i've helped people while I was alive in other ways. Beyond that I have no interest in mankind but so long as the missus is fine with it then they can take what they want.

I have just joined, I am a paramedic. I believe that everyone has the choice as to what happens to their body. Now donating is an active, voluntary action. Therefore if you or anyone else wishes to donate organs then carry a doner card and inform your relatives.

If I found a body on the streetvand search for id, I then find £100 in the wallet, could I assume that the deceased is a generous person and give that money to charity or better still a homeless person sitting next to him.? Sure he doesn't need it, the homeless person does. I know why doesn't the state give the homeless person the deceased's house and clothes, sure they are the same size would be a shame to waste them

As a paramedic do you wait for people to give consent before you save their life, or do you make that decision for them, maybe they are trapped and the only way to safe their life is to amputate their arm, you have a couple of minuets to decide before they bleed to death, would you cut it off or hope they wake up and give consent.

Would you support the Presumed Consent plans?

Basically, everyone is registered as a donor, unless they decide to opt out.

Think it's a good thing?

No, the government has no rights to my body what so ever!

Archived