Right to buy scrapped (In Scotland)

No, it won't, whilstever the Conservative Party forms- or is part of- the Government.

Scotland, remember, is under SNP control.

Oh good,at least not for another 2 yrs i hope,as i want to buy mine and make myself a nice tidy 20-25k when i come to sell it.

Oh good,at least not for another 2 yrs i hope,as i want to buy mine and make myself a nice tidy 20-25k when i come to sell it.

i know mates just got his for £44,000....in the private sector he'd be looking at well over double that...nice little pad aswell....

Will England follow

Well.... not unless the SNP win the next general election.

squeeze abit more money out of people because 'times are hard'

How is this squeezing money out of people?

Times were hard when the current act was introduced in 1980.

Interestingly....

The Labour Party initially proposed the idea of the right of tenants to own the house they live in, in its manifesto for the 1959 General Election which it subsequently lost.

LINK

Well.... not unless the SNP win the next general election.

How is this squeezing money out of people?

Times were hard when the current act was introduced in 1980.

Interestingly....

LINK

The report says:

The right of council tenants to buy the homes they rent at discounted rates will be abolished in Scotland.

I assume that means they can still buy them, but at market rate.

or is that not right???

I wondered if our government will keep an eye on the number of sales and see if people still do purchase their council property and if it generates abit more profit because they are now buying at market rate instead of well under it.

Archived