Women asked to finish phone call at supermarket checkout

I wonder how the woman was having a phone call? When I shop I'm busy packing my stuff into bags.

And when I shop I always seem to be behind the woman who finds it a complete surprise that she has to pay for her shopping and then starts to rummage in her bag for her purse!

I'm confused about this.

In the article it states that Sainsburys didn't have Clarke's address to send out the vouchers as a way of an apology. Yet when I've complained to any big company like this, one of the first things they've asked for is my details

And when I shop I always seem to be behind the woman who finds it a complete surprise that she has to pay for her shopping and then starts to rummage in her bag for her purse!

If I get the impression there is an impatient grumpy looking man behind me in the queue, I do that on purpose.

I'm confused about this.

In the article it states that Sainsburys didn't have Clarke's address to send out the vouchers as a way of an apology. Yet when I've complained to any big company like this, one of the first things they've asked for is my details

Well the media seemed to be able to trace her without any problems at all. :suspect:....In another report in the Independant, it says "She was given vouchers by store bosses"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/is-it-rude-to-shop-while-talking-on-your-phone-dont-all-call-at-once-8683927.html

---------- Post added 03-07-2013 at 13:53 ----------

If I get the impression there is an impatient grumpy looking man behind me in the queue, I do that on purpose.

You're wicked Janie!

Well the media seemed to be able to trace her without any problems at all. :suspect:....In another report in the Independant, it says "She was given vouchers by store bosses"

Given the media's previous history of being able to access every facet of one's life it's probably a walk in the park to get her address.

I expect they have her entire medial history to hand too, just in case the story go's any further :hihi:

Given the media's previous history of being able to access every facet of one's life it's probably a walk in the park to get her address.

I expect they have her entire medial history to hand too, just in case the story go's any further :hihi:

Along with shoe size, vital statistics, qualifications, favourite colour, mobile phone number, etc....etc.....:hihi::hihi:

I'm confused about this.

And if she used her nectar card her address would be available through that as well.

Shame on you Sainsbury's................ the customer is not always right. This customer was ignorant. Maybe the assistant wasn't right ( although I applaud her ) but no way should Sainsbury's be rewarding the customer's ignorance. That is as good as saying " Yes it's quite acceptable to treat our staff like sh*te". :shakes:

Archived