Women asked to finish phone call at supermarket checkout

It is just rude, the shop assistant should have bit her tongue and just got on with it.What i find really annoying, is when i am asked a question or direction at work and i'm just about to answer and their phone goes off and then i'm told to hang on while they anwser and then they tell the person on the phone to hang on, so i can answer the persons query.:mad:

The BBC covered this today, their straw poll showed that people agreed with the checkout operator. That seems to be the case here.

So is Sainsburys taking the wrong line in frantically trying to apologise to the woman?

---------- Post added 04-07-2013 at 09:26 ----------

This isn't the first time its happened though:

Coffee trader refuses to serve customers talking on phones

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-17624904

'If you're on your phone, you won't be served': Well-mannered shop bans customers on their mobiles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222282/Well-mannered-shop-County-Stores-Taunton-bans-customers-mobiles.html

If the customer is always right, as the supermarkets like to point out, what happens when one customer is using a phone at a checkout and the other customers behind complain about the slow service?

One customer is right taking the phone call whilst being served and the other is right for complaining about the slow service due to someone using their phone at the checkout.

Customer service head****!!

On the subject of the importance people place on anything to do with their mobile phone, I saw a teenage girl stop in the middle of crossing the road at a pelican crossing to take her phone out and check her text!!! SMH.

Oh and while I'm on a roll...ranting. Why do some people on mobiles think that the whole street needs to hear 'their' conversation, and talk very loudly? :rant:

This used to bug me, until my Grandma went into Hospital and my Grandad started ringing me at all hours on my mobile to give me status updates and ask how to use the washing machine etc...I suddenly became one of those shouters!

Sat on the bus shouting "NO GRANDAD, THE POWDER GOES IN THE DRAWER...NO, THE DRAWER IN THE TOP OF THE WASHING MACHINE....WELL, YOU JUST PULL IT OPEN..." Bless him :hihi:

Archived